Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boosters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭godzilla1989

Yes imperfect is nice wording for that pfizer trial

We should have done challenge trials before injecting billions of people imo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

We're lucky that you or Dr. Mengele weren't in charge of all this.

Funny you say that name though

I thought about him today when I read this and in all those years nothing has changed, the corruption is sickening.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9962799/Professor-Lockdown-says-expects-Chris-Whitty-approve-Covid-vaccines-12-15-year-olds.html

So in the UK the JCVI declined to approve the vaccine for young children last week

Politicians not happy with that answer from the scientists at JCVI moaned to Bojo

So Bojo and the clowns call upon Dr Evil Chris Witty to approve it, someting you'd see in Nazi times

The corruption around the world is astonishing and I wouldn't be suprised at all if boosters are given to all the population this winter here like in Israel, politicians will be getting the brown envelopes from pharmaceutical giants that they are getting in Israel

Governments have signed massive contracts with pharmaceutical giants and the boosters will have to be used

EU have bought 2.7 billion doses from pfizer alone up to 2023

EU population is 400 million, so guys expect boosters to be approved :)

OK, so now boosters are a conspiracy to give money to pharma companies and we're comparing Chris Witty to Dr. Mengele because you didn't like the comparison with yourself when you said we should purposely infect unvaccinated people with SARS-COV2 so you could do more bad maths in your quest to prove absolutely nothing.

You need to step away from the keyboard :)

• Advertisement

By the way if you think Pfizer or Moderna setup those trials for them to fail your seriously naive, they had plenty of Dr Evils there making sure the results look good for them.

They've made billions in profit thanks to those trial, most lucrative trials in history

Moderna share price has went up 1500% since those trials, they are now worth €168 billion, they were worth 5 billion in Dec 2019

Math?

You still didn't answer my question re the 10,000 nursing home residents

Only Wolf gave it a go and he himself looked shocked by the results.

I'll ask again if your math is good

10,000 people

5,000 in each group

5,000 in vaccine group have a 95%/99% vaccine

5,000 in placebo, have 10% case hospitilisation rate ( old people) , 60% asymptomatic, 40% symptomatic

All exposed to covid

How many end up in hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hoping the elderly and group 4 and 7 get offered this. I know I'll be first in line if its offered to group 7.

That said I think it should be offered to all if we are going to get on with some semblance of normal life this winter.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭brickster69

2.7 Billion ? You would of thought they would of given it a bit of time to see if it worked or not first, always could of been a problem putting all your eggs in one basket.

Aside from the obvious transmission problems which eventually seems to be slowly being accepted by most despite it being made public two months ago. The big concern for everyone now is for the effectiveness against severe disease that was made public over a month ago. No reason to say it is false as it is based on real world data from 8 million people.

An evil man will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes - Sun Tzu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

5.5 billion doses of the Covid vaccines have been administered globally.

Culling of the population due to vaccine deaths - has not happened.

Hospitals filling up with vaccine victims due to side effects - has not happened.

Why are Covid vaccine trials still being discussed?? Administering this amount of doses, without any serious issues, says more at this point than any trial data.

Christ, this is getting more ludicrous with each post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

The problem with boards.ie is telling apart the genuine lunatics from the guys just having a laugh at winding people up.

@godzilla1989 I genuinely hope you are winding these lads up. If so, I have a grudging respect for quite how dedicated you are to it. If not, and this is really what you think, then I really think you need to get off the internet because you have gone down a very dark rabbit hole and it can only end badly. Seriously, this is the sort of thinking that ends in a mass shooting event.

What rabbit hole?

What are you talking about?

Corruption doesn't exist?

Better to infect 44,000 trialists and get proper answers

Than inject billions of people and learning as we go

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

That's true, but making mistakes is better than faking perfections

It's very easy to be like you Lumen, head in the sand, lining up for boosters, staying positive, keep believing better things are ahead, question nothing, I could be like you as well and it would probably be better for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I mean this in the least adversarial, most genuinely concerned way that I can; you have lost sight of reality and you are endangering yourself and others.

Lumen does not have his head in the sand. He is listening to the medical experts and statisticians who are questioning everything on a daily basis and writing papers based on the answers to those questions. The people who have their head in the sand are the people who are ignoring the advice of the medical experts and are instead under the assumption that the the conclusions drawn by statisticians around the world about basic leaving cert maths calculations have been wrong this whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

My head isn't in the sand and I'm not "lining up" for anything. I just try to make pragmatic decisions at any given point in time.

I was fully vaccinated in July so don't need to even consider boosters until after Christmas. What will I do then? Don't know, it depends on a number of factors.

My mother is mid-seventies and was vaccinated in March with AZ. What is the best decision for her? Get a booster, obviously. What if she hadn't been vaccinated yet? Then she should get vaccinated. There just isn't a situation where it makes sense for someone of that age to turn down a vaccine that's offered.

You're the only zealot in the room here.

• Advertisement

These medical experts? Like this moron?

Wash your hands, don't wear a mask, wear a mask, double mask, don't wear a mask if your vaccinated, wear a mask if your vaccinated, 2 doses your fully vaccinated, 2 doses your not fully vaccinated, 3 doses you fully vaccinated, next, next, next

The medical experts have been flapping and talking more rubbish than me since March 2020.

Why should I listen to morons like this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DXH5zov7f4

That guy is not a moron. Specifically, he is far knowledgeable in this area than either of us. And nothing you have said is out of the ordinary.

Wash your hands

Yes, data shows that that is a good idea.

wear a mask

double mask

Yes, data shows that this offers greater protection that a single mask

don't wear a mask if your vaccinated

No health agency has said that. Certain agencies, e.g. the CDC, have said that it is a personal preference but that that depends on many factors and it does not override local mask mandates. No health agency has said that you should not wear a mask if you are vaccinated if you wish to.

wear a mask if your vaccinated

2 doses your fully vaccinated

Yes. Currently in Ireland you are considered fully vaccinated if you have two doses.

3 doses you fully vaccinated

Yes. Data shows that the vaccine efficacy wanes over time, as expected. In some countries, you are now considered fully vaccinated with 3 doses.

Nothing about that suggests that you should not get vaccinated nor that you should question the experts when their guidance changes based on the most recent data.

Like this moron?

How can he be a moron when he CREATED coronavirus, to force LOCKDOWNS, which were an excuse for MAIL IN VOTING for the sole purpose of STEALING THE ELECTION???

Only a highly intelligent person could come up with a devious scheme like that, and execute it this flawlessly.

[/sarcasm]

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

www.news-medical.net/news/20210906/Israeli-study-on-viral-load-Delta-infections-vaccinations-and-boosters.aspx

Have a look how much the effectiveness of the vaccine wears off after two months. Its not linear at all according to a new study in Israel.

Dont get me started on the use of non controlled Ct values as quantitative analysis of viral loads. Oh have a look, the "study" authors couldn't even ignore it

As mentioned by the scientists, one limitation of the study is considering viral load as a measure of disease severity and infectiousness

An the study only included those who actually had an infection

I think that's the same viral load study that's been posted a number of times, it is not a study on the effectiveness of vaccines, it only looks at peak viral loads and doesn't look at the fact that vaccinated people are less likely to be infected and clear the viral loads faster than the unvaccinated.

I'm sure it will keep on popping up, but it's not much use by itself as it only looks at 1 data point at one point in time of an infection. It also doesn't note when the booster was measured (shouldn't it be roughly the same as the 7-30 data?).

I said they don't work as claimed.

Very true. While the claims about the vaccines from the manufacturers regarding safety and efficacy were correct, THEY DON'T WORK AS CLAIMED by sources outside the main stream media, which predicted culling of the population etc.

Natural immunity is superior, 13 times superior

We've been over this. The claim - here in the real world - is that between January and August 2021, there were fewer people that caught Covid twice than the number of people who got vaccinated and had a break through infection. Which are both extremely small numbers. With break through infections being completely inconsequential in most cases - no symptoms, or, at worst, minimal symptoms.

Seriously - is your recommendation to stage infection parties rather than getting vaccinated?? Brilliant reasoning.

What test measures severe disease and infectiousness then?

"The study reveals that the two-dose regimen of the BNT162b2 vaccine is effective against severe COVID-19 and infectiousness for a short period of 2 months. However, the vaccine becomes ineffective six months post-vaccination"

This isn't good reading, even if they are probably wrong on it not protecting against severe COVID-19 after 60 days, it still seems to suggest your open to mild disease and infection

The study seems to suggest efficacy of 95% is only good for 60 days, after that time symptomatic covid is much more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

Are vaccinated really less likely to be infected though?. Obviously shortly after a vaccine if you put a vaccinated and unvaccinated person side by side and equally expose them, the answer is yes. But vaccinated people are travelling more, eating/drinking/socializing indoors, some with high viral loads (regardless of how long that lasts).

Interesting point on the booster not achieving the same level as the 7-30 day data, I wonder if there's any sort of diminishing returns, it can't be that long ago, boosters are relatively new.

• Advertisement

The data says yes so far, those that are vaccinated are much less likely to test positive than unvaccinated (everything else being equal).

Now, there could be bias that an asymptomatic vaccinated person who is a close contact could be less likely than an asymptomatic unvaccinated person to go and get tested, so it's really only a measure of who has gone for a test and then tested positive (and then for this study have their peak viral loads measured).

I think the booster data is more likely because they're all lumped together and that those boosted are probably being measured a short time after the booster, it will be interesting to see if the booster effect wanes the same way as it has post-second dose and again remembering, this is a peak viral load study, it's not looking at antibodies (which we know wane) and then the effect T-Cells and B-Cells (which may be plenty for the majority of the population).

Advertisement