Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They up and took her

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

The story is clearly made up. The forum and tone of the post give it away too.

There's no way anyone would believe that all it takes to get someone committed to a mental health institution is for several members of the public to sign a petition.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,685 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If a person has signed a Power of attorney while they were still CM, then when they become non-CM the person the POA is assigned to can make decisions on their behalf, with no discussion to any third party.

Their decisions can be appealed to a court, but usually aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Spore

Right, so in an update I spoke to the guy who sent the petition he says she's had mental health issues since she was 14/15. In fairness to him he's actually a nice chap and made a good point that the lady in question was becoming a danger to herself and the public. I'm still a bit torn that she's been committed. I'm sure a doctor and mental health people made the final decision. Maybe I jumped the gun with my first conclusions. Haven't spoken to the brothers so don't know their version of the story

Still I do miss her familiar face on the streets. I can pm anyone her first name and the street if the Mods allow? Be interesting to get other people's take on the situation if they know her...

Advertisement