Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They up and took her

Options
  • 19-08-2021 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

So I live in a street in the center of town and there's this local elderly lady who's a bit of an eccentric. Anyone within a mile of where I live knows her. She spends all of her days walking around babbling to herself and joining in conversations with people uninvited. She has a habit of rocking into restaurants and bars and just having the bants with the customers and swiping drinks. When I moved into the place where I'm renting I was warned of her... but she's harmless. She has a habit of flinging her unwanted stuff into people's gardens and bins and whatnot but other that that (and the fact she'll accost anyone she meets with random conversation starters) she is harmless...

BUT.

There's this prick for want-of-a-better-word on the road who started a petition to have her evicted. He went around to all the gaffs and got signatures. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and a police van shows up outside the woman's home and they baton in her door and bring her out. Wtf? Can people just be sectioned like that? It's been almost three weeks and I'm missing the familiar sight of this lady! She was a bit mad but I was fond of her. She'd leave these weird concoctions of food on your doorstep if she liked you and she'd fill our green bin with her empty bottles of Buckfast, but she was our eccentric, goddammit! And I want her back.

How can I get someone out of the madhouse?

Comments

Advertisement