Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby left alone overnight in graveyard in Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I think you are reading way too much into it, a saying I've heard many times over the years, I think the point is not meant to be literal as you've taken it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Have Martin Collins or "Doctor" Sindy Joyce issued any statements yet...???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Ah, great to see that the usual suspects take over the thread with moronic arguments just to ensure they have a stage. How boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,693 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Have you ever gone knacker drinking in a graveyard? I hear it’s great craic, you’d never be bored!

Just don’t leave Baby in the corner, nobody leaves Baby in the corner 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 81,340 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whoy didn't "truth matters" RTE report this story? Have they selective reporting initiated?

• Advertisement

Being contrarian in any discussion is baffling... but this one?!

A baby outside alone in an isolated place in the dead of night... it's frightening even to think about.

Unless you can point to where anyone has suggested it would be a good idea to leave a baby outside alone in the dead of night in an isolated place, then you’re arguing against a point that nobody has made. It’s a point that you have invented, and tried to place on other people in order to condemn them in the pursuit of stroking your own ego, while ignoring the points anyone has actually made.

Your approach isn’t even contrarian, it’s entirely self-serving.

There you go again with the dramatics. I didn’t suggest any such thing, you’re continuing to make it up as you go along and then call anyone who points out what you’re doing, a maniac. That, by definition and by action, is stroking ones own ego, because it makes no odds to me that you’re reduced to name calling when your point which you invented doesn’t stick.

Returning a child to their parents who would abandon their child anywhere, is a bad idea. However, that’s not what happened here as nobody, and try not to miss this point - nobody INTENTIONALLY left the child in the graveyard.

Try not to miss this point either - removing children from their family IS NOT acting in the best interests of the child. Statistically, historically, objectively, any which way it’s looked at - the outcomes for adults who were as children removed from their families, does not favour your argument. You can certainly claim that you’re only interested in the best interests of the child, but the evidence that is available just doesn’t support your idea, which is why it’s only done in the most extreme cases. This case, much as you’re entitled to think otherwise according to your own standards, does not meet the standards to be regarded as an extreme case. That’s just a fact, as observed by the reality that the Judge denied Tusla’s request for a temporary care order. To be STILL arguing your case, IN SPITE OF that fact, IS the epitome of self-serving.

The point I was making is not that I am afraid of the State coming after ME. I’m perfectly capable of telling them to fcuk off. Telling me I don’t want the State to interfere with parents who are cnuts is not what I said, and I wouldn’t imagine myself to be superior to you if the state DID come after you for being a cnut. What I’m saying is that’s the standard YOU are arguing for, and throwing your toys out of the pram when the discussion isn’t going your way.

Still wouldn’t abandon you in a graveyard for it, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t sorely tempted at this point 😒

Nobody intentionally left a child in a graveyard overnight? Ah well that's ok then. Chalk it up to a lesson learned so? **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Deeec

Right 2 issues are at play here:

• The child should not have been in the graveyard at a drinking session - It is not good parenting to bring your baby drinking in a graveyard.
    • The child should not have been forgotten - whether this was intentional or not is irrelevent - she was forgotten end of and is lucky to be alive.

Surely if the mother was 'sick' someone took the mother home - Why didnt they bring the baby home with them?

What kind of 'sick' was the mother? - Was she just sick, was she drunk or drugged or did she just go off somewhere else?

There really is no excuses for the way this baby was treated.

Outcomes for older children taken into care are poor. But If this 4 month old was taken into care now she would have no memories of the scum she currently lives with and could be placed with a good family and have a good life - a life different to what she is currently destined to. There are loads of good couples out there that cant adopt that could offer her a good home. To break the generational cycle of these kids families more children do need to be taken into care. Leaving them with their families is lazy and far from the best option for these kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

You are saying that Tusla over reacted in this case by seeking to remove the child. Is it possible there was a Tusla intervention or some history before this graveyard incident?

I have only one issue with your post really, I mean, the rest of it fair enough I’m not interested in discussing the specifics of this case because I don’t know them, and neither do you, or anyone else.

But - children aren’t toys. You can’t simply take children away from their families and give them to someone else who will love them and take care of them and all the rest of it, no matter how much anyone else wants a child or children.

I doubt it tbh. That’d be a reasonable assumption if Tusla had actually been granted temporary care of the child, but since their application was denied, it seems unlikely that they were involved beforehand.

It’s not unreasonable though to suggest that they will be involved with the family to give the family whatever support they need to see that the child is being taken care of.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Maxxx17

It's awful. Poor child's psyche...

Children aren't possessions either.

If you endanger a baby's life by leaving it alone in a graveyard overnight, intentionally or unintentionally, the child should be taken off you.

Fucking lunacy to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Is this **** thread still going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Deeec

You are right children are not toys - they deserve to be loved and cared for properly.

So you think she is better off left with her family then. For this little girls sake I really really really hope your right and we are not hearing down the line that something tragic has happened this little girl that could have been prevented.

You appear to be incapable of taking your own advice from earlier. Any disagreement with you seems to set you off and I’m not interested in your getting wound up. I’m only still being civil with you because on here I have to be.

With that being said - the ‘children aren’t possessions’ argument is neither here nor there. The fact that they’re not possessions also means that they can’t simply easily be separated from their family either, regardless of what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

It's not going to remember. Not that what happened to the child was right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The only reason it’s still going is because people are entertaining someone who uses the forum to promote their inconsistent self defined persona.

No.

As a parent and as a person who cares about children, **** who leave their 5 month old child alone in a graveyard, alone, crying and in danger are not fit to look after a child.

That does wind me up. I think it should wind up most people.

You are happy that tusla didn't take a child away from a family who endangered their life. You are happy that parents who left a baby, alone, in a **** graveyard, were reunited.

Your absolute bullshit opinion that because it was not intentional, the child shouldn't be taken from them speaks VOLUMES about you.

I couldn’t care less about your personal circumstances, being or not being a parent, or having or not having children doesn’t give anyone any special bloody insight or mean they care any more or less about children than anyone else!

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to wanting the child placed in care. The incident is shocking and does shine a light on the family's ability to care for their baby. However they shouldn't be written off immediately. It's far better for children to remain with their parents provided they get the appropriate love and care. That can happen with the right supports in place. Of course it isn't always the case and children must be removed for their safety and wellbeing.

Sometimes though it's possible for families to turn it around.

Separation for even a brief time can create an impact. The child as adult won't remember that it happened but they did experience something which was very frightening at one point in their important early years. It can leave an imprint.

I'd say a child that has parents that bring it to parties in graveyards at night will have a lot more negative imprints than being left alone for a night.

Very early childhood trauma can actually be internalised and affect someone in the future.

This probably wasn't all that traumatic for the kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Its first graveyard shift might turn the baby into a 21st century Mary Shelley or Stephen King.

Advertisement