Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 1 match day thread - back at it

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Oh yea I remember from MoTD now Sarr was leaving him for dust but didn’t realize he was hooked at half time!

You’ll probably want rid by the time fixtures turn on gw 3. Maybe a switch to coufal?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

99 all out so pretty happy with that. Only problem was I had Son in all drafts but switched to Mahrez last minute as Id expected City to be on it today and then the Norwich fixture to come. I had left 1.0m in the bank so can go straight back to Son right now but have a niggling feeling Mahrez could haul in that Norwich game. But already Im being reminded of the dangers of Pep roulette, if he didnt start that would be a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Spend your money on your first Xi so you don't have the problem of benching a 6m midfielder v Newcastle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Not at all. I'm thinking Mahrez to Torres. Good chance Mahrez won't start v Norwich but I guess we'll know more as the week goes on. Raphina doesnt interest me at all. Son not on my radar as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

97 points without Bruno is a marvellous return tbh, and feels like I escaped disaster. Sanchez, Shaw and Barnes the only players not to return something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

116 points. Front 7 of Salah Bruno Benrahma Greenwood, Ings, DCL, Antonio all delivering. Not many concerns at the moment. I think Greenwood is probably safe for a while in the starting XI.

My plan was to get rid of Bruno in October and bring in Lukaku then. I will have to decide between Ings or DCL for the chip. Antonio looks safe for the forseeable. I had that 6.0 slot for Benrahma as my ‘punt’ slot. With the Europe League, he may tail off so I have my eye on ESM and Sarr if I need to replace him.

Overall, pleased with the start and hopefully get a solid score next week to build on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

101 points results in a very solid opening rank of 316k.

Kinda jealous of Benrahma owners as he looks really good in tandem with Antonio.

It’s great to have FPL back and the fans back in stadiums is also very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

95 points just happy to be in the top million, took about 20 weeks to get there last season after a nightmare start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

100 on the button, HEWT. Will bank the transfer this week too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Solid start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

91 all out. OK Brunoless and all sheets dirty. Left 2 cleanies on my bench and would have made the ton if I went with my £4m defs

All front 7 got me returns.

HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’m looking at Son-with Kane likely to move, Son is going to be relied upon to get most of the goals for Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

105 all out. Great start but so many people have started well. Only nagging issue was going Barnes over Benrahama but I thought one West Ham attacker in Antonio was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

99, was on 97 after the West Ham match but Dias couldn't keep a clean sheet. Delighted though with the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

108 with the bench boost used. Happy enough with that, particularly as I was in the BruNO camp. BB worked out well, I ended up with a double Leicester clean sheet which was something of a differential and which I wouldn't have gone for without the BB and BruNO approach, so those 15pts didd a lot to mitigate the Bruno damage. Team in decent shape despite the lack of Bruno. Hoping that hattrick haul was a bit of an anomaly (the Xg was low and he'd never scored one before, all 3 goals had a degree of "fine margins" to them) and I can stick out one more week without Bruno.

BB is gone and there's still some with a better score, but I'm happy to up near the top of leagues with the BB burnt rather than already looking at a 20pt gap or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,087 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Managed to hit the 100 without Bruno which is great I think. VHEWT!

The Salah (c) helped after Bruno's haul. Schmeichel & Bentahma some nice differentials to have too.

Advertisement