Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 match day thread - back at it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

1-0 FT

"Are you watching Harry Kane?" chant the Spurs fans... hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Where was Gundog playing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

100 all out but weirdly not overjoyed.

Son looks like he'll cause a headache to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Yep, seems they finally invested in faster server's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I only had one eye but I don't think he got involved in the attack much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Doesn't matter. He went over at the end in a tackle. Talksport reporting it as a dislocated shoulder. That'll be him out for a few weeks if not months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭remoteboy

According to LiveFPL my 99 points is just enough to sneak inside top 500k.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Will end up on 94 which seems a little average now considering how many are breaking the ton but happy with my team for next week.

I imagine there is quite a few that might be interested in Son and I'm happy to already have him.

Fornals over Benrahma hurts a little this week but hopefully Fornals gets the better haul next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Will finish on 97. Bit disappointed not to reach the 100 mark but I would have taken that before the gameweek. Happy enough with my team except for Grealish. Don't know if I should stick with him for the Norwich game or ditch.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

103 . Wasn’t brave enough to start 2 at the back for pool so tsimi was on my bench. Good start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

96, happy with that.

Mahrez and Barnes huge let downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Really, I though he looked very involved in the city attack today. I could easily see him getting double returns in future gws.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

92 all out.

Should be happy with that as I went BruNO, my bench boost only netting 10 points stings a bit, but still happy to have it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He had some bright moments but I'm worried about Pep changing things up after the loss. I can see Gundogan and KDB starting in midfield next time.

Edit: I forgot about Gundogan's shoulder problem near the end. If that's serious, maybe Grealish will feature. Might hold off on a move for now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭howareyakid

105 all out. Happy with the start - think it’s the first time I’ve got over a hundred on a single GW for a good while. Benrahma the player I’m most happy with this weekend. Pépé didn’t work out; he’s already transferred out for Pogba. Nice to be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

110 all in. Can we finish up the league now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

90 all out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

106 all out, happy enough with the team, going for Pepe over all the other 7.5m options only let down really. He's 50% to drop so may move him on - Pogba most likely to rise tonight, wonder would we get 2 rises this week, although not sure if he's a player want in team long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

First things first extremely happy with 105 all out.

However, I have serious problems for week 2.

My original plan was to base my team on the first three weeks and wildcard during the International break. The main focus of this was to have a very good week 2 after having a decent week 1. Was due to save two transfers for week 3 in operation get Son in. However, I'm now in big trouble.

My week 2 team was due to be the following:

Sanchez - Happy with this still. Brighton looked solid enough after conceding the early goal. OK for week 2.

TAA - Still happy here. Hopefully get an attacking return before planned transfer out for week 3 to facilitate Son in.

Tsimikas - Still happy here. Hopefully get one more return (Clean sheet/attacking) over next two fixtures before being shipped out on wildcard.

Shaw - Still happy here. United looked solid and took a worldie to breach them.

Targett - Hooked at half-time. Big problem no.1 here

Salah - No issue

Bruno - No issue

Greenwood - worried about gametime next week with Martial back around. Will be selling for week 3 to get Son in. Problem

Mahrez - My main reason for getting him in was for week 2. City will batter Norwich now but Mahrez unlikely to be part of the party. Didn't realise KDB would be back so soon. I need City coverage for the massacre, but who??? Big problem no.2

Antonio - No issue

Ings - No issue

Bench

Gilmour - Playing City

Amartay - Won't play as new centre back at Leicester

Perica - Gone to Isreal

Bench is big problem no.3. Didn't think it would matter but now have 2/3 of my team (Targett, Mahrez & Greenwood) more then likely not playing.

Don't mind going with 10 but any less is not ideal.

Need options for Mahrez - has to be City midfielder. Is Grealish best bet?

Need options for Targett - max cost of 5.5 as need funds for TAA to ?? and Greenwood to Son in week 3.

Unfortunately this will leave me -8 for week 2 and 3 transfers when I had planned taking No hits, but such is life!

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

HLH

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

107 all out. V nice finish today having Cresswell, Benrahma and Son. I had Cresswell in most of my drafts and almost caved to Shaw fear at the last minute. Nice when you go with your gut and it works out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I don't see why Mahrez wouldn't start vs Norwich. Keep him and then maybe shift him after I say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

@HenrysLeftHand I think Targett will play. He had a bad game but he’s 1st choice and can’t see him lose his place over 45 bad minutes.

Greenwood should be ok for a start too. Sancho will replace James and Greenwood did enough to get another start.

You could play Pep roulette but Mahrez is as likely to start as any other City player you bring in.

Worst case scenario take your 2 points for Gilmour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

103 HEWT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭macraignil

Disappointed with Harvey Barnes and ESR not returning something better, feel Sanchez was unlucky not to keep a clean sheet and surprised by Targett's 0 points but the rest of my team got something positive and finished on 99 so HEWT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭Cartman78

94 seems like a solid start so relatively HEWT.

Gundog the major letdown and now injured as well apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I have Greenwood too but feel confident he’ll play at least 70 mins next week.

Marhez could easily be dropped for Norwich but you never know with pep. He could start and get a 15 pointer or only play 20 mins and still get some returns. That’s a keep for one more week IMO.

Could you go boring and sensible and switch amartey to a solid 4.5 option? If you have the 0.5 that is. If not maybe just replace target with a solid 4.5.

I didn’t notice he was taken off at half time. Any specific reason?

Targett was taken off at half time because he was absolutely atrocious. Everything positive for Watford in the first half came down his side and he was repeatedly made to look like a mug.

Ordinarily I would say the player is unlikely to lose his place but in this instance he was so bad and culpable beyond any of the rest that he might be benched for a few weeks. Don't forget that they now have Ashley Young who can play there. They had no cover for him before.

Saw this on their forum regarding his performance -

"Before I say what I’m about to say, let it be known that I voted him as our POTS last year and think he’s a very good player.

But.

That was possibly one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Villa fullback in a decade (Relative to level).

Utterly pathetic. 

To be dragged off at half time is an embarrassment. How often does that happen? Is he not fit? I know he isn’t the quickest but he looked slower than ever today? 

Young will start ahead of him until he sorts himself out. So surprising." 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Also have Mahrez and Barnes-are you tempted by a swap to Son and Raphinha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭peek a boo

I’m playing FF for the first time in years. Just shy of 90 and I’m bottom of our league. Benrahma on the bench cost me this GW.

Advertisement