Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Watch4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

They get synced with Samsung Health app on Samsung phones. I think there is a Google version of the app too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

Picked up this over the weekend for ~200 (cashback incl.). It certainly is an upgrade on my 5 year old mi-band. I got the modded Samsung Health Monitor app running on the watch and my Pixel. It is nice to be able to run an ECG and see my blood pressure.

Has anyone seen any good screen protectors for it? I'm clumsy enough and that screen will crack sooner rather than later.

Anyone recommend any decent watch faces/apps? I'm not overly keen on the Samsung defaults ones. Looked inside a few apps but not seen much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Are there any adverse effects of running the modded app? I heard you have to manually upload your data or something? And would it replace the data I currently have? Finally, is it easy to do? I saw one tutorial, but it was a mess to even read.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭EletricMan

I have the above watch and screen protector. I take off the case at the weekend, I only need it while at work. I find the quality of it good anyway.

I have not experienced any adverse affects*. The modded app runs separately to the unmodded app. You can remove either/both at any time. It is only the Samsung Health Monitor app which only has Blood Pressure and ECG on it. There is nothing to manually upload, the data synchs between the watch and phone as normal. You still need the normal Samsung Health app to get steps, sleep etc.

I thought it was relatively straightforward to install. You just need to download the folder, install the APK for the app on your phone. Then run a Windows Batch File which has instructions to install the app on your watch. The video on XDA is out of date so not overly helpful. The entire thing took my 5 minutes.

*I have not run the Blood Pressure monitor yet so there may be something manual in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I got these last month.

Highly recommended them. Literally invisible on the screen. You can't tell it's there. Very happy with them. The beat the screen protector I had on my old fossil which was quite stupidly obvious and never really sat flat.

Easily it's Amazon just because it's Germany doesn't mean they don't ship. Id no problems. Make sure you are not set to UK or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

Anyone getting discoloration on the clear part at the back?

Non classic 44mm here. No discoloration at all looks like the day I bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Got mine yesterday (classic) and the only issue I have is gmail notifications don’t work at all. They don’t show on the watch at all never mind the phone vibrating.

Seems to be a very common issue since launch and hasn’t been resolved yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I can't seem to find any way of natively getting notified or viewing Gmail on the watch. If you're really stuck when away from your phone you can install the browser and bookmark Gmail and check periodically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Curry's in Green. There was/is a BA thread on it.

Using an app called Wear Codes to store the COVID pass on my watch, pretty handy if you want to leave your phone at home.

Anyones watch vibrating randomly during the night. Doesn't happen every night. It's waking me, no notification showing or anything.

I would suggest a factory reset. Also have a look at apps like the weather app. These can cause a buz & might not appear to have sent a notification when you check. My phone is on private, meaning it only makes a sound or vibrates between 8pm & 8am if someone from my contact list is phoning or texting me.Anyone outside my contact list or apps can't make it vibrate during these hours

You can probably put it on do not disturb mode or something? I think you can also check recently notified apps in the phone app and see what's doing it.

Anyone know if the new independent WhatsApp app is working with wear os? Would be handy again for leaving the phone behind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've noticed that if I have it charging off centre that it can stop and start charging at strange times, maybe check your charger. I've a duo charger and I've to give it a reboot every few weeks, I used to get the flashing red light on my old watch a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Just got one of these a birthday present. Has anyone got any recommendations for a screen protector for the 46mm classic?

I've had the Frontier and the Galaxy Watch so I'm looking forward to using this one next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Which Pixel are you using it with? I am tempted to get one now that I have my Pixel 6 Pro.

Thanks

Pixel 4A. I do not really use the ECG or Blood Pressure stuff but the modded app for them works grand when demonstrating it to a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

I didn't realise I'd lose all my watch faces from my original Galaxy watch when I upgraded to the Watch 4. They are not compatible with Google. Boooo!

Since yesterday evening my battery doesn't even last 10hrs, charged fully twice now in less than 24hrs and battery fully gone again. Anyone similar issues?

I charge mine every morning & it's about 50% before charging. So I could get 2 days on a full charge while using always on display. Last update was December so it's not an update using your battery. Try rebooting, if you haven't already. in case an app is draining the watch. After that I'd try factory reset. You can backup phone settings first to the cloud.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Happened to me over the weekend, never had an issue with the battery but got an alert Saturday that the watch was at 15%, figured I didn't charge it Friday night, then it shutdown Sunday evening, haven't noticed an issue since. Currently at 74% and I used it for listening to music via bluetooth for over an hour earlier so I think it's back to normal

Just to revisit this, the watch is at 48%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't recommend the wear codes app enough

Very handy to have as a backup for tickets and other QR codes stuff

Its costs €4 but well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has anyone moved from ticwatch Pro 3 to this? Currently debating whether to move or stay put!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone else have an issue with the strap . I have the 44mm ,not classic .

My strap split by the buckle in less than 3 week use for no reason .

It seems to be poorly designed or maybe I was just unlucky .

I've the classic, no problem with the strap at all, I'd say contact support and they'll send you out a new 1, they're normally very quick to send some stuff out.

For anyone looking for a screen protector . I was in Harvey Norman yesterday and they has a sign up for "Zagg Shield" They fit them and all .

€15 for the glass and €5 fitting

You wouldn't notice it on the watch at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

These are on sale on Amazon DE.

Was thinking if picking one up, any thoughts on the regular vs the classic with the bezel?

If I don't have big wrists would I be better with the smaller regular? I do think the classic looks nicer in general.

For me I tried both on in the shop before deciding . I thought the classic was a bit bulkier on the wrist so went with the non-classic .

Its personal taste really , they both have the same functions 

I bought one of these not too long ago. There was a relatively recent big update for 670mb Jan 1st security patch date which I've heard was causing issues (worse HR accuracy/battery wasting quicker) so I never installed it.

Seems to be talk of a new smaller update out now to fix these new issues, is it out in Ireland, any one got it yet?

As I've the older update still pending the new one won't show, so just want to check before installing the 'buggy' one first if it's here yet.

• Advertisement

Big or small update?

I haven't seen much about it afterwards so wasn't sure if there actually was a smaller update to fix things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

no update showing for me, galaxy watch 4 classic

Update for me classic 4. Can't see any information about it on the Samsung site. Last one listed is from early February and I installed that one last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No update for me, had one about 2 weeks ago

Issue I'm having is my watch itself can't keep a Bluetooth audio connection. Possibly its a speaker issue and not the watch

• Advertisement

Just checked mine there and I have an update as well .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

None for me, think I last updated at the start of February

I installed the big update there that came out around mid Feb. HR is definitely reading higher on initial impressions, will see how the battery life is. Been getting around 30-36 hours before. No sign of the smaller update yet.

That's the update I got, can't say I've noticed a difference but I'd to reset it recently because of a new watch. Which reminds me, does anyone know an easy way to manage music on the watch? The Wearable app isn't the easiest in my opinion

I ended up getting the small update 'fix' last night after midnight with a manual check. Seems fairly minor and still has Jan 1st security patch like the big one.

Clareman, with Spotify I remember reading you select which playlists to download within the Spotify app on the watch. Not sure outside of that how it works.

I don't have Spotify, I use YouTube Music, must have a proper play with it, it's very handy in the gym to pair the buds to your watch, no need for a phone.

Just checked it there, YT Music allows you download tracks to the watch as well, thanks for that, I'm good to go now, well once I delete the 8 gigs of music off my phone that it 😁

The bigger version (44 mm Black colour ) is on offer at the moment on Amazon .de

I have it posted on bargain alerts but Ill post it here as well in case anyone following this, is on the lookout for one

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B098BGSXMN?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&th=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Have an update and it keeps failing

Download and copying but doesn't install

Anyone have same problem

My updates went ok but when I changed phone I had several failed attempts with the phone not being able to set up the watch properly.

I just kept trying again and it worked after 5+ tries. I think I was using my phone at the same time as updating the watch for the first few goes which may have affected it.

Post edited by Keith186 on

• Advertisement
Advertisement