Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Watch4

Options
  • 11-08-2021 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭

Have to say they look very impressive

Seems like the Watch Active name is no more and its just 2 models now (Watch and Watch Classic)

Defiantly going to pre order one but up in the air about which model ill get

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Looking at it myself and looking at all the reviews at the launch today

Going to wait for more reviews before thinking about buying.

Also will see about price when it hits retail Aug 27th I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't see the prices going down for another while

Best bet might be wait a few months and try gomibo.ie

Pre ordered mine, not the cheapest thing (€379) but get an €85 credit card as a pre order bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

Have a look if you got an email from Samsung with a 10% discount code because it stacks with any others!

Trading in a Watch Active2 and the new Watch 44mm can be had for only €150!

Worth it for Google Pay alone imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

I have the 40mm version and it's not on the trade in as a model so only the generic 50 quid off. We are getting screwed as usual OH lives in the US traded same watch as mine for 99 dollars new watch 4 and double charger

From looking at YouTube the Tizen software is still very much part of the main software on the watch

Apps such as Samsung health heavily tizen than Google. They reckon in time the Google fitness apps will be available on the watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I have a One 4 all voucher so might use this thus retail prices

It doesn't have Google assistant so that's strange

Wonder if pixel watch will come out later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Does anyone know if the Italian version of the watch can be used in Ireland or if it's possible to change region?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

I have been a long time Samsung advocate - Note 9,8, laptop, Buds etc - have a Samsung watch from Christmas 2019 and now its stuck in rebooting mode since Thursday. (common fault that will probably have to go back to Samsung but will have to fight for a warranty repair)

All Samsung device I have owned seen to last 18 - 24 months while my wife has Apple devices that are 3-4 years old.

I Have never been a fan of Apple but thinking of changing after this.

My active watch brock a few weeks ago. Screen started becoming pixelated and then went off and wont come back on. Phones can still pick up my watch but cant connect

Samsung said i can sent it back to them and they take a look at it but because its out of warranty they will have to charge me for the repair. Nah might as well just wait for the new range instead. Still annoying though that my watch just stopped functioning out of nowhere

I would never go back to Apple and for the immediate future il stick to Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

My experience with the Samsung wearables is the region on the device is based on the region of the phone it's paired with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

plenty of reports on reddit of UK and European countries already receiving their GW4&Classics

anyone ordered here and received already?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Not yet. Probably trying to get phone orders out the door first. Hard to judge with Samsung Ireland's distributors sometimes. Could even be down to different models being more readily shippable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I ordered mine on the day of the pre sale and no sign of it.Think it's down for shipping on the 26th.

Same, says delivery from the 26th August

I did get my S21 Ultra earlier than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Julez

Same as me, I won't be home on Thursday and Friday, so hoping it'll arrive at least by Wednesday. I've never ordered direct from Samsung, so not sure what to expect. Harvey Norman were showing as pre-order, but also as "Available Today" for in store pickup on most stores, but I went down and they wouldn't sell it. They have them in stock but have to wait till the 27th.

Ordered my S21 Ultra and Triple Wireless charger from them and delivery was very fast

Id be delighted to have my Watch by Thursday 26th Aug but is what it is and id be confident Ill have it Friday evening latest

I imagine the normal Samsung Adaptive fast charging plug will be efficient in charging the new series. 90% of the time ill be using wireless charging but handy to have the plugs to charge when you're away or want a faster charge

Got email this morning to say my order has shipped.

Doesn't show where it shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Where is the cheapest place to get these without a trade in? There's some many offers ongoing it's hard to see what the best one available to Ireland is. I have a Huawei Watch 2 but don't think that's eligible

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Aye...same here. Probably picked up UPS later this evening for delivery the next day.

Probably have it on 26th which I think was the date that was mentioned for it's release.

• Advertisement

ordered on 14/8 but no dispatch confirmation and order status on their website remains as order confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Got the shipping there at lunchtime too, first smart watch too 😀

Same

Bloody irritating esp ordering it the day it was launched 11th August

yea didnt get any further change, i did email them this morning who said it would dispatch today and deliver tommorow but thats clearly not gonna happen now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Got a shipping email for my watch just there as did a friend who ordered just after the event

Mine just arrived,in midlands .

Was rushing out the door so didn't even get a chance to take a look at it.

Also got the trade in email from Samsung this morning.

Got the tracking email

Excited to get my hands on the watch

mine dispatched this morning also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Delivered at lunchtime :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mine was delivered at lunch as well, lovely watch

Advertisement