Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Dublin mother shares footage of offered council house

• 11-08-2021 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,658 ✭✭✭✭ Kermit.de.frog

Aoife has been on the housing list for 13 years and has made a video of what she has been offered for herself and her 'nearly'? four children by the local council.

Curiously only outside views are made available and how they apply to the actual apartment is a little unclear as you never see it but the Indo decided to run with it anyway (link attached).

It does look a mess outside at any rate.

But then there is this which reads a bit like a Margaret Cash bingo card and then my sympathy starts to ebb a little...

What do you think of Aoife's predicament here? Let's be honest I don't think most of us would actively choose this abode to be fair to her.

Comments

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭ FileNotFound

The council may have had it for years, state of the place may be down to last tenants and its on the council to clean.

Think the nearly means a bun in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭ Ash.J.Williams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭ Outkast_IRE

I would have serious questions over the management and running of that complex though . Irregardless the warped boards are a hazard on what is possibly an escape route.

God only knows what other compliance issues are hiding in a place like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,109 ✭✭✭✭ HeidiHeidi

And yet, we're always hearing stories of council houses/flats in perfectly reasonable condition which are left vacant for ages, because they have to be stripped of perfectly good kitchens and bathrooms and refitted to council spec (often lower spec than what's there, if half the stories are to be believed).

Which is correct??

Advertisement