Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PureTelecom

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭PureIsle

I will consider doing a backup and reset of the 7590.

I will first have to be sure that all settings and logs are retained in the backup.

I would not be happy to lose all the telephony and other settings that have been applied over the past few years.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

Can you not just access router and turn off all those settings that are restricting speeds first. Or copy over your settings to pure router. Then do a factory reset.

I am unaware of any settings I have that might impact speed so cannot turn them off.

I intend to try to put the majority of the present settings onto the Pure 7530 (it won't take them all) and see if that provides better speeds.

I have to choose my time of course, so as not to interfere with SWMBO. ;)

If it works I will try a factory reset on the 7590.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Does anyone know what router Pure Telecom supply for FTTH? Looking to switch from Vodafone, happy enough with gigabox and get decent reception throughout the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

They used to send F2000 ( Eir’s old router,made by Huawei , pure garbage) too.

Must you send old router to Vodafone?

You could use it with Pure too ( just change username and password for PPPoE connection )

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Ya, I think I'll have to send back the VF one. I'll call them tomorrow and see which modem it is. Wife wants phone too so I'm hoping that won't force the eir modem on me!

I connected my 7590 to a LAN port of the 7530 which connects to the fibre modem.

My 7590 now achieves full speed ...... around 900 Mb/s ...... and the speed tests on my LAN devices confirm this.

So it appears to me that the difficulty is with the connection negotiation between my 7590 and the provider, and not any setting I would have changed in the router itself.

I will try to get Pure to look at this, which would free up the 7530 for use as a mesh device, should the 7590 be able to connect properly.

I do not hold out much hope TBH ....... I still have not received my telephone number and settings for the phone in the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I use pure but utilise my own router. Initially an Asus RT-AC86u and now Rt-ax86u. I've had no issues at all with them and found their CC spot on when I was troubleshooting an issue with speed to my ONT.

1 thing to remember if you are using a router other than one supplied by Pure is that they will only troubleshoot connection to the ONT if you have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Just a thought but PPPOE connections are notorious for being single threaded (1gb will basically need a full core to itself to get full speeds) and if you have a lot of settings which use up CPU power on the 7590 then it may be effecting the throughput. By putting the 7530 in front of it, the CPU in the 7590 no longer has to process the PPPOE connection.

Another thing to look into is if the 7590 has PPPOE hardware offloading and also if its active. It is possible the 7530 comes with it already active as the ISP has set it up in advance. I'm not fully up on the models so you will have to investigate that. And its likely to be command line inputs to activate. But worth a look.

• Advertisement

I have seen nothing about hardware offloading in either device, so I expect either it is not there or not available to an admin user.

I do not have any/many settings that use CPU power ....... even the media server is disabled on the device. No Mesh presently.

Most of the settings concern telephony ..... storage of phone settings; logs of phone calls, phone books and list of connected devices etc..

Everything there would impact storage rather than CPU.

What am I missing?

All I can imagine is a communication issue between Pure and the 7590.

Why don't you do factory reset ?

You could keep guessing long time otherwise.

Could be anything , glitch of QoS , RAM leakage, CPU overload etc.etc.

I know of nothing except comms between provider and router that can affect the speed in the manner it is affected ........ runs at full speed behind the provider router but not when connected directly to provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Is the BT backhaul going to be an issue, I have just swapped from Voda tp Pure on 1Gb FTTH

I have noticed my ping has doubled it was alway 3ms now no matter what server I chose it's 6,

Would I be better canceling and moving to Eir??

I live in the sticks but most housed around me have FTTH

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

Will you notice a difference between 3 and 6, what is the download speed and are you trying a few different browsers. My ping is 8 or worse but I dont game so not bothered. Is the backhaul with BT now?

3ms would be extremely good pings for the person living in the sticks … I am in rural Kerry , never seen pings lower than 6 .

Are you sure you not just outside m50 ?

Post edited by alec76 on

Anyone happen to have the PPOE details for Pure's SIRO product? Is it puretelecom@puretel.ie / broadband1 and VLAN 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Anyone know why Pure FTTH broadband service can vary massively, using the Fritzbox router. My service has fallen off a cliff around 9:30pm tonight, has happened two nights in a row now. I'm on a 500Mb package. A completed a few speed test this evening, crap download speeds of 3-5Mbps, upload always pretty strong 25+Mbps, ping varies, from 11ms up to 250ms (not a typo). No two speed tests are the same, ping varying massively, d/s speeds anywhere between 2 to 12MBps before bounces back after a period. Tonight, just like last night, it jumped back after about 40mins, ping down to 6ms, laptop speed back to 70+Mbps.

Issue not laptop as seeing issues streaming on tv etc also.

Using the router provided by Pure I am not having difficulties with the d/load speeds.

Tried tonight 22:20 and it hit 900 during the test.

Using my own Fritzbox the download speed varied considerably.

To answer my own question, the details are puretelecom@puretel.ie / Broadband1 and VLAN 10

Capital B in Broadband1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Is anyone experiencing slow download speeds at the moment? I'm getting 1-3Mb/s on the 1000Mb/s OpenEir fibre (on the Eir backhaul I think). Upload speed is fine, 90-100 Mb/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Me too exact same changed router back to Pure Telecoms to test removed all my kit.

Grrr at least I know its not just me

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Some form of acknowledgement from them would be nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Yeah true nothing on the twitter machine from them support lines are closed just hope its back before the morning for work

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

Same issue here FTTH. Getting 2mbps max download. Upload is normal 95-100mbps. Been like this all evening. I rang support earlier and they said there has been multiple reports. I'm not so sure it will be fixed before morning for work though

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

I stand corrected. Seems to have been fixed for me this morning

Advertisement