Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Buying a refurbished laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ 1865

Pavilion is HP's consumer range and is not built to the same standard as business ones. That said, they are fine for general use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ xhomelezz

Never bought refurbished one, bought good few secondhand. That's where you'll get value imo. I don't think that shop offers anything I would buy, too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ waynescales1

Yeah one thing I noticed about a lot of refurbished laptops is that the price often isn't much less than the price of a new one. Possibly better off buying new for the extra ~€100 and getting a better warranty.

Do tell where these second hand market places with excellent value are to be found....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ xhomelezz

Got few good deals on Adverts and eBay. Of course no warranty. Secondhand market lol.

It depends, if you can check running temps, specs and do a bit of research before buying, I consider it safe. And out my own experience, it worked out fine for me. If you prefer to have some warranty with purchase, you'll pay for it.

Advertisement