Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a refurbished laptop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭1865

Pavilion is HP's consumer range and is not built to the same standard as business ones. That said, they are fine for general use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Never bought refurbished one, bought good few secondhand. That's where you'll get value imo. I don't think that shop offers anything I would buy, too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Yeah one thing I noticed about a lot of refurbished laptops is that the price often isn't much less than the price of a new one. Possibly better off buying new for the extra ~€100 and getting a better warranty.

Do tell where these second hand market places with excellent value are to be found....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Got few good deals on Adverts and eBay. Of course no warranty. Secondhand market lol.

It depends, if you can check running temps, specs and do a bit of research before buying, I consider it safe. And out my own experience, it worked out fine for me. If you prefer to have some warranty with purchase, you'll pay for it.

Advertisement