Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonald's offers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Oh yeah, I don't like their burgers or fries, but the spicy bean burgers were good, or so I remember from many years ago!

• Unless it’s different for other restaurants but in my local when I worked there it’s just a button on the til. There’s no code entry etc I do believe that’s just McDonald’s way of trying to weed out “chancers”.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I asked a McDonalds worker about this a few weeks back and he said they just hit a button on their till for a 3.90 Big Mac & Fries (they actually have another button there for a 3 euro Big Mac & Fries). They do not enter the 5 digit code from the receipt and nor does the receipt end up in head office or anything like that. So because there is no link between the store and head office regarding the receipts you can continue on just writing a random 5 digit code. Provided this hack doesnt get blabbed all over Facebook or Tiktok I reckon will continue to work for a long time because so long as head office get some surveys about each store in the door thats all they want.

Anyway just regarding Burger King, do they ever have anything decent on their app? I open it from time to time but all I ever see is things like a Whopper meal plus something I dont want like a dessert for 8.50. Would much prefer a cheaper price than a regular price with something I dont want thrown in. Think I might just delete the app if thats all they ever offer.

• Advertisement

• The food for thought surveys are an irrelevance to head office actually. They’re done for the stores themselves to make sure that customers are happy. If they have a low score on certain parts of it they will target to improve it basically!

As I said the survey “reward” is a €3.90 meal to encourage folks to do the survey but they have no facility to actually check if you did or didn’t do it and (for the most part) they don’t care.

I can’t see them actually going through the effort to setup a system whereby they can validate the codes. That would be a lot of work for very little actual reward (a few real surveys instead of chancers) I can’t see it paying off when they’re then selling the product at a discount.

anyway most of the time you can just say you did the survey and they won’t ask for any proof whatsoever.

• €2.50 big mac code still works!

• This works also btw just used it myself there, I checked the bigmac code also and it works but this was better for me right now!

• Life hack:

if you use self serve & use €2.50 bigmac code, u can score an extra patty for free cos it defaults to putting only one on it lol

I press + for 2 n it’s 3 on the burger

Just a heads up, I got the 4.50 Big Tasty with bacon code 71128702 to work on a day when the 4.50 offer wasnt on the app itself

• Advertisement

• God bless you sir I was looking for that code.

• okay cos I’ve no life apparently I’m gonna go through the thread for the last couple months write down all these codes and I’ll let u guys know tomorrow some stage what is/isn’t working & keep an updated list somewhere in the thread.

maybe one of the mods could edit the OP? I’ll check it once a week or so and adjust as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭user302243

I'd say it be easiest to make a public Google Doc and add the link to the OP. Fair play to you for going through all the codes!

• Genius idea!

that’s what I’ll do!

just cos I found myself in McDonald’s yesterday trying to find the Big Mac code and thinking “why don’t I have these written down..” just makes life easier haha.

Ah it’s honestly no major thing anything to help out the wider boards community— you are all lovely to me (more or less)! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭rameire

Try out page 10.

The op has the list going.

Someone else created a pdf of the codes and I have the Barcodes for all the relevant codes at the time.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

The problem was that a lot of self service kiosks stopped taking codes so you were only able to use an offer if it was in your app and went to the counter to pay (or you had staff that didn’t care if you gave them a code).

If a kiosk is taking codes, then any code that appears in the app (and some of the old ones) should work any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭nhg

71766227  €4.20 1/4 P & F

7176 6102 €4.20 Sandwich & F

71765600 €4.20 Chicken & F

71751009€3TripleCheeseburger 

71128702 €4.50 Big Tasty

That’s the list I currently have saved on my phone from going through a few posts but not sure what’s working or not

Just make sure to use it over the weekend as AFAIK the Big Tasty is just a month long promotion and will disappear off the menu again in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

So I downloaded the app and redeemed the sandwich and fries for €3 code - tried to use it at the kiosk and it wouldn’t scan and also wouldn’t let me input the code manually - said “voucher cannot be used at this time”

went to the cashier who gave me some BS excuse that the kiosks stop working and reset before 9pm each evening 🤷🏻‍♀️

anyways, I got the deal via the cashier but has anyone had this issue when using the kiosk? (Savage deal btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

71766102: Quater/Big Mac with fries for 4.20 been working for me all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Last time i was in the one in Carrickmines they told me that the kiosks dont work for the codes anymore and that they have to be shown at the till. I was trying use the big tasty (shame its going in Feb)voucher in the app. At the till they scanned it and sure enough it worked. Maybe they are cracking down on voucher code sharing in some restaurants?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Not unusual. Go back through this thread and you’ll see that a couple of months ago the kiosks stopped taking the majority of the codes (scanned or manually entered), near killing off this thread. Some places might have eased up since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The McMuffin + Coffee for €3 was working in Douglas this morning.

The code for the €4 EV meal that is currently in the app doesn't work at the kiosks. I had to go to the till. Also you can't screenshot the app so you can only use it once. But still, it was good to get a €4 job again.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

They were having none of my codes at the register today in Ashleaf. They wanted to scan a barcode.

They’re only supposed to scan barcodes, to stop us taking advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Al throw this up here if anyone wants to give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Cookiee

4.50€ Big tasty code worked on the kiosks today, I scanned a barcode I made myself of the code which is 71128702

You can take any of these numeric codes and turn them into a barcode on various apps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone know if the 2.50 big Mac voucher still works?

didnt work for me when I tried it about 8 weeks back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Tried it today and it didn't work, although I tried the kiosk, not a person at the counter so it may still work at counter

Advertisement