Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A gal and her boyfriend tried to mug me off this evening

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

Were they takin fackin liber eees OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Fair play, you would have got a solid B for that in the creative writing section in English Junior cert honours. Room for improvement but getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

OP sounds like a jealous nerd that can't pull a bit of "a sort".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

OP, some day, you might be able to replace the word Mug for Tug, imagine that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Translation: a pair of junkies stared at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Imagine being so odd looking that the junkies stare at you and think "look at that poor gobshite"!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

• Advertisement

Actually I'm gonna be a stickler here:

It's not "genetics" that kick in.

It's downstream gene expression, aka "phenotyping", how the genes express themselves through the prism of development.

Aka neurodevelopment.

This is a function of acquired thought process which is heavily influenced by I guess, that which influences thought process (quell surprise), culture, values, both familial and societal etc.

That is to say, it's not like that potential trophy gal was/is predisposed to being a skank.

That will be a function of societal influence and resultant acquired cognitive state, which in this case is no doubt influence by "Anto" and his glamorization of teh "bad boy" lifestyle.

What I'm saying is if she ditched that mob and decided to lend some motivation to the Junior Dr's and upcoming talent that makes the genuine cogs of society turn (and pays the welfare cheques for Anto + friends), that entire phenotypic "skank" outcome could be in part or largely precluded/avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭YellowLead

You’re not on Love Island I’m afraid OP - though I admire your wishful transforming of a skangery Luas experience in overcast Ireland into such in your head - way to escape :)

You know what?

Maybe ya'll were onto something here.

Given the week that's in it (20+ degrees in ireland, shock/horror), I took a few days off so this morning, said I'd start getting my tan on.

I don't like to go right out in the sun so a few minutes in the sunbeds works wonders for getting that base color.

All was fine, chill etc., except on my way out after a quick bake, I notice this cracker wearing them tight lycra pants.... yoga pants I believe their known as.

All the usual accompaniments, straightened hair, perfect makeup, hot figure etc., but.... she was on her phone at the time kind of "giving it large", you know the full hand waving motion like she's conducting international class business with the prime minister - then she clocked me.

She was about early 20's, and went from giving-it-large, to fucking "super-size-me".

That accent.......

I shouldn't necessarily judge, but how some chicks think that "skanger" thing is hot, it defeats all rationale and common sense.

My reflexive response was to quicken my pace and avert my eyes..... Jebus I must sound like a uppity motherf**ker but it's not that I'm condemning certain social groups, it's just simply that I'm attracted to hotness, and that.... that's the anti-hot, the ultimate passion killer.

Shame.

Advertisement