Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

As I said, he didn't play well the last two games so I'd be in favour of trying something else. However, saying he can't get out in front of his man is just plain wrong if you watched the Galway game. Even vs Dublin he won a few balls out in front. Didn't win any vs Kerry that I remember but neither did Tommy and we know that's not due to lack of pace.

Paul Conroy and Chrissy Mccaigue are a year older, Karl O'Connell, Mick Fitz, Conor McManus are 2 or 3 years older.

Anyway back to the article, I don't think it's fair saying McStay is too loyal to the older lads. Aidan has been replaced midway through the second half of every game, Cillian has only had 3 cameo appearances. Everyone else who has played is under 30 so not old at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Westernview

We will have to agree to disagree on Aidan.

Hopefully something new will be tried and that will end the need for any debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Team named, Hennelly, Coen, Mchugh & Duffy in for Reape, Mcbrien, Mclaughlin & Tuohy

Cillian & mcstay in in FF line, Ruane starts at MF and plunkett in for mchugh

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lots of people getting their wishes from mcstay

lets see how that goes

• Advertisement

Anyone know who the last Mayo player playing for a club outside the County was? Maurice Sheridan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Davel32

Really? Not sure who was wishing for Mcstay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭spakman

Not great from us so far, Tyrone are v poor so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hennelly gone into meltdown in the second half 💀

• Advertisement

Tyrone much better now, we're brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭boosabum

James Burke played with ballymun

Wtf was Ruane at there, 30m out and wouldn't take the shot

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

Midfield is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭spakman

Wouldn't go that far, but a very bad performance for a fella who needs to prove himself again

Prove himself? He got took to the cleaners in 21 by Tyrone, and had played shite since then, was hoping he had fucked off this year

Poor result, lots to work on.

Tommy was better, Boland good, Coen good and ROD v good when he came on. Callinan did okay but needed more support against Canavan

I know it didn't make a difference but 8 mins ET was a joke, sure the injury on its own was 7 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Be-Jaysus

Shades of Dublin last year with another 2nd half collapse ,

1-7 from Tyrone in the 3rd quarter & Mayo had no way to stop it.

Post edited by Be-Jaysus on

• Advertisement

Please God let Matty do the decent thing and **** off

Shades of Dublin? Division 2 Cork hit us for 1-6 without reply too

Let’s hope we are in the middle of heavy training 

And sure wasn’t everyone crying for lads to get a chance , and not to go all out for the league and try to finish 3-6th and ideally finish with wins 

So here we are

Ideal

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

I feel we have a new recruit from the Blog. He made some weird personal comments about Mattie on that as well which I pulled him up on. He was subsequently banned.

I have now received an abusive PM on here as well.

Strange way to spend one’s time but each to their own

Ohh you think Mattie

played a blinder then is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Mayo was average to poor 1st half and led thanks to a very debatable penalty. 2nd half poor all through and can have no complaints about losing by a bit to spare. Roscommon and Monaghan to play was probably the reason for it but eight changes to the starting 15 was too many for Div 1 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Westernview

Disappointing performance yesterday. Not too bothered with the result but I really don't understand the point of slow lateral build up play that allows opposition players to race back and defend. It makes our task getting scores so much more difficult. Are we that devoid of pace and power that we can't attack more quickly and give our forwards a chance to do something?

It seemed every time we went direct against Dublin we won a free and Tyrone were very liable to foul as well if pressurised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Be-Jaysus

Was looking at the Dublin /Kerry game last night , and their movement off the ball in the final 3rd is miles ahead of us.

You can tell they are well coached in all facets of the game.

We on the other hand look lost & out of ideas once we get inside the oppositions 45, and it doesn't help matters when you see potent forwards like Tommy & Ryan who are constantly chasing back 60/70 yards to retrieve possession after a basic move needlessly breaks down before reaching them. They are then no-where to be seen if a counter-attack is on.

Advertisement