Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music is unnecessary

Options
  • 18-07-2021 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

All it does is make you feel euphorically high or wrapped up in your own sorrow. People would be happier if they just STOPPED listening to music. Whenever I listen to a feel good upbeat song life has order and purpose but as soon as I come off that high everything feels a million times worse. Similarly, listening to sorrowful wistful music only makes you descend further into despair. Listening to music is a SHAM!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Don’t so

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

Why does it not surprise me that you posted this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What a stupid statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If listening to music, uplifting or no renders someone dispairing, they need more professional help than music can ever give.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If music be the food of love, then masturbation is just a snack between meals.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

'Art is how we decorate space; Music is how we decorate time.'

Jean Michel Basquiat

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Absolute horsesh1t

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Statement is meaningless unless it's also stated what it is unnecessary *for*.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I find music necessary. One of the species greatest achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Put the word "Rap" in front of he thread title and I'm with the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s always been necessary to me...

if its unnecessary to somebody else that’s their business...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

That is all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Music is music.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

To each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Music is such an amazing thing, a shame you see it as so negative. Its a really powerful medium that we will always have and should never lose.

Can't wait until I can attend a proper big outdoor concert again 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is this one of those "Something makes me sad personally, it needs to be banned for everyone now!" threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,962 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Quite the hot take there OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Sometimes a masterpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Agree with OP to the extent that there is a lot of crap commercial music out there. But the key thing with music is not just be a consumer but become a practitioner. Learn an instrument for yourself, any genre you want and then realise the true benefits of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Eating food is a waste of time and effort of my mouth and hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It is hard to specify exactly why music is important, all I know for sure is that I can't live without it.

When I meet someone from time to time who says "they don't like music" - which does happen - I do wonder about them on a fundamental level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Wasnt going to say anything as to OP, must be a sad individual.

But the food! A very old french friends counter to that, that I heard often "If your don't eat... your don't sh1t....if you don't ****, you die. OK. Let's go eat."

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I have too much of an emotive reaction to music - Some can listen to music without this. Actually playing an instrument or creating music is a different story btw. I don't think music is made to be passively consumed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Sorry for your trouble OP

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Epic trollery. FFS.

Every man to his own poison.

Rating for Thread: Poo

• Advertisement

Let's eat and drink and be merry for tomorrow we...

play music?

Advertisement