Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

The Other Pandemic - Cocaine

• 16-07-2021 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭ Frozen Veg

Rampant in communities all over the country.

Has become the norm for young people.

What are the long term consequences for society or will it be grand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,255 ✭✭✭✭ Cookie_Monster

where's the coke vaccine then, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ TefalBrain

Thank god i don't move in those circles. Haven't seen anyone snort coke since my late 20's and im close to 50 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,986 ✭✭✭✭ Ash.J.Williams

It really is astonishing the level of use out there , I know one dealer that’s suffering from work related stress he’s so busy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭ Jequ0n

Any excuse to be offended. Let people enjoy themselves

Seriously who cares?

The whinging is about the effects on local communities. Farcical."Pandemic"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ TefalBrain

I care. Hence i don't partake in taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭ Maryanne84

There’s another, more serious epidemic. Syphilis. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40339112.html

“A syphilis outbreak has been declared by the HSE, with sexual health clinics seeing a rise in cases and requests for testing kits. 

Almost one in 10 cases are in the Cork/Kerry region, followed by the Mid-West region of Limerick, Clare and Tipperary North, with 4% of all cases. The remainder are in the Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow region. 

A national outbreak control team, with members from the HSE and NGOs, is working to tackle the crisis. “

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭ mikethecop

• Registered Users Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭ Strumms

maybe that’s because alcohol is consumed in millions of multiples more then cocaine is.

if pubs sold cocaine, or even supermarkets, youd see carnage on a scale that alcohol wouldn’t even touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭ Esel

@Tomaldo tell us again about how all those successful, rich and famous cocaine users prove that the drug is not dangerous and should be legalised - just in case we didn't get it the first twenty times.

One-trick pony much?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ Tomaldo

That may well be true, but alcohol has quality control and hygiene to adhere to, cocaine production does not. How do you know there would be more carnage, will u lend me ur crystal ball.

That's one trick more than you so. Even if I said it a thousand times a lot of prohibitionists still wouldn't believe it, they appear to be brainwashed by the anti-drug rubbish that never gets challenged by an incompetent media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭ Strumms

awwww, I don’t have a crystal ball but you don’t need one... the internet and various credible sources grounded in suitable experience and expertises speak about the relationship between cocaine and violence, cocaine and health etc.

People don't take coke 'cos they think it's good for their health. As for the minority of coke users who become violent they're usually also taking alcohol at the same time. These credible sources wouldn't happen to include people like Chris Luke, Grainne Kenny or Joe Duffy, would they, 3 of the most ardent prohibitionists I've ever heard, I never agree with any of them on the subject of coke.or any other drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭ Frozen Veg

What's the attraction to coke?

I get the social attraction to alcohol. Sitting around, great craic, good buzz, chat shite etc.

Coke, into a cubicle, up the nose and back to the group again. Just don't get the social attraction to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭ Relax brah

Coke usage in Ireland is the same as every other country in Europe. Cocaine is very common/popular in Dublin and it’s socially accepted but it’s not a “pandemic” or epidemic by any means.

Well, Ringo Starr celebrated his 81st birthday a few days ago, Macca, Jagger and Keef are still alive in their late seventies, so it seems u don't get it. Also I don't rely on tricks re this topic, I just post facts that that can be googled for veracity unlike prohibitionists. I use their names so boards or myself can't be sued for libel.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭ dd973

On top of all that, doesn't the buzz last 30 minutes or something? Seems a waste of time and money, as well as disastrous to one's health given that it sobers people up to drink continuously. So the negative physical effects of both compound.

If ur so concerned about those victims in Mexico, then why don't u want prohibition to end immediately instead of lecturing coke users on their so-called lack of morality. Also could u name these communities in Ireland that are destroyed by coke and in what way. Foxrock is a community and I believe some residents from there like the odd line, the last time I looked it was one of the most expensive places in Ireland to buy a property. I'm from a council estate in Dublin and I know many people from there who took it, but it didn't destroy that place either.

• Advertisement

ha ha I hate repeating myself, do u think William Shakespeare or Einstein were stupid or Paul McCartney and Keith Richards. Scumbag, they used to say that about single women who wanted to have a different type of fun and the brainwashed puritans of that era thought the Magdalene Laundries were a good idea. Were you looking in the mirror when u typed that post.

Advertisement