Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know is the UK a country to which an emergency brake has been applied?

Options
  • 15-07-2021 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

or where is the list of countries?

I'm trying to understand if travelling from UK I need a PCR test beforehand and quarantine on arrival. This link

says

If your journey originates in a country to which an emergency brake has not been applied

If you have valid proof of vaccination, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

No emergency brakes have been applied, we haven't even gotten going yet! It'll probably happen if something goes drastically wrong in a country after non-essential travel is allowed from the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The emergency brake is a EU concept as the UK are not in the EU...

Germany had effectively banned all travel from the UK for while, the relented last week but I would expect to see the UK flagged if the trend continues

Currently from the UK requires a PCR test and then a 10 day period and a further PCR test

Advertisement