Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Does anyone know is the UK a country to which an emergency brake has been applied?

• 15-07-2021 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ john9876

or where is the list of countries?

I'm trying to understand if travelling from UK I need a PCR test beforehand and quarantine on arrival. This link

says

If your journey originates in a country to which an emergency brake has not been applied

If you have valid proof of vaccination, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭ griffdaddy

No emergency brakes have been applied, we haven't even gotten going yet! It'll probably happen if something goes drastically wrong in a country after non-essential travel is allowed from the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭ goingnowhere

The emergency brake is a EU concept as the UK are not in the EU...

Germany had effectively banned all travel from the UK for while, the relented last week but I would expect to see the UK flagged if the trend continues

Currently from the UK requires a PCR test and then a 10 day period and a further PCR test

Advertisement