Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone €30 pm broadband offer

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Maybe you won't need it. If you're new into a house and the house is new or didn't have any active line then the UAN isn't necessary. Challenge here is that it depends on who you speak to in Vodafone.

They told me 2 years ago I couldn't get Vodafone (or fibre from any provider) in my house(standing in the house looking at the vodafone broadband filter a few weeks before moving into the vacant house) so after finishing the call and calling again I got somebody else who agreed I could have an install without a UAN.

Maybe your estate agent can get the UAN for you from the seller/previous occupant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Really wish I had of know that your service can be out for up to 5 days when changing fiber BB provider, signed up for this new offer, engineer out yesterday morning, no BB since and spoke to them this morning, they HOPE it will be working by tomorrow and this is perfectly normal as far as Vodafone is concerned

Guy arrived at mine and had been at the cabinet beforehand and when I switched over the Router I was on VF and when I put back my own router onto the line I was still on VF.

As for the actual landline home number it's still not moved over so basically I've no phone line and they've no visibility on when it might port over. Not urgency on this but it's annoying(they say "your order is still open and not complete"). The nuisance also is that the landline was only operate through the VF router not directly into the filter, I guess the call this VOIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sorry, never noticed your reply with the new boards layout. You can only speak to them on 1907. To my knowledge there's no direct number.If you mention to them that you want to renew / renegotiate the first agent on 1907 will try make you an offer but you usually get a better offer from Customer Options so I just ask for them right now if I'm ever looking to recontract and want a decent discount. As soon as they hear you're thinking of swapping to Eir for 29.99 they usually match it. You can mention Sky or Pure too but as they're 35e a month then they'll really only match the 35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I had calls included so they kept the calls (I never use it but handy to have at same time) and they gave me an extra 100 mobile minutes. Another family member has broadband only. When asked about getting calls to be the same as the Eir offer they said it would be €5 extra so €35 or €30 for broadband only. It might depend if you already have it or if you are looking to get it at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

Ordered today after callback due to OBS. Engineer to come out on 14/09/21. Hopefully not much involved in getting setup(the less drilling the better).

I went with the 500Mb because I am currently on 250Mb(&Phone) for €62 from VirginMedia. I don't plan on cancelling VirginMedia until vodafone is up and running just to be safe. They said that this should not be a problem even though I am porting over my home phone number.

P.s It sounded like the vodafone employee was talking right in front a fan. I let him know to no change in call quality. Vodafone should get discord noise cancelling software which works amazing for those kinds of noises. He also kept insisting that he was giving me 500 megaBYTES of download not megaBITS, but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

I pay €85 PM Internet, TV and Multiroom. Just got off the phone from customer options and the best they could do was to reduce it to €65 which is a saving but I thought I might get offered nearer the €50 but the advisor would not move off €20 discount as being the max they could give. I did not accept the offer and am shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

I called about this offer today but was told that, because I have a monitored alarm it is not suitable. Has anyone had this issue??

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

It must be due to the loss of phone line connection when the power is down. You can probably still get the deal if you don't get the landline.

They mentioned it in the T&Cs when reading them out to me that the way the phone line comes through the router it means that monitored alarms cannot be guaranteed or supported. IF you request to remain as a copper phone line instead of through the router they can do this. Like anything though it depends on the knowledge of the agent as KN Circet will carry out the work at the cabinet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

My Virgin contract isnt up until mid next month but I have vodafone coming tomorrow to install broadband. Gives me 14 days to try it out and see if I'm happy with it.

30 a month, 25 for the first 4, is fantastic compared to 65 with Virgin as good as their broadband is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

Thanks, they mentioned this but the speed is less then what I have at the minute.

I’m surprised with this, given the number of people with monitored alarms.

any other options out there? I’ve only recently renewed my alarm contract.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi did they come and install? What are you going to do about porting your telephone number over from Virgin? Any issues with the broadband speed wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Romero

Might go with the one big switch deal, do you get the 5 euro off the 40 if you go with the 1GB option, does anyone know or is that only on the 500MB offer?

I will probably wait closer to the end of my VM contract next month before ordering it as I need a rock solid line for working from home so would like an overlap.

Also a bit concerned about porting my number from VM, although all I seem to get these days is Spam calls on the landline, still handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If you're already on siro with another provider and switch to this deal, is it seamless?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Romero

Seeing messages that this deal is coming to an end on the 1st of October, I was hoping it would be extend to end of October as that is when my 12 month Virgin Media contract ends, anyone thinks it will be extended/renewed by One Big Switch?

Also is this deal only for the 500MB or can the same 5 euros off for the first 4 months apply to their 1GB service?

Thanks

Advertisement