Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm done with Ireland - Which EU Country to move to

Options
  • 05-07-2021 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I'm done with the bolloxology which is our government, I cannot listen to them any longer and the housing crisis with everything going on with them. They promise everything and deliver nothing. Overpaid Public Sector staff, outdated health system, housing crisis, Covid management and could go on and on.

For a professional what country would you move to and why? Australia and US are out of the question. I'm 28 BTW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Any European country. They all have greener grass :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Throw a dart in the map and pick one.

Then spend some time there and realise that every other country has its problems too, and Ireland is nothing special in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Sweden, very modern in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

I'm done with the bolloxology which is our government, I cannot listen to them any longer and the housing crisis with everything going on with them. They promise everything and deliver nothing. Overpaid Public Sector staff, outdated health system, housing crisis, Covid management and could go on and on.

For a professional what country would you move to and why? Australia and US are out of the question. I'm 28 BTW.

Genuine question O.P. what is your profession? If it’s IT for example anywhere will be happy to have you and you could work through English in most E.U. capitals...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Your options will probably be quite limited to where you'll be able to find decent paying work that will enable you to have a much better life. Often work is only available in busy cities where it's hard to get accommodation and not that much cheaper than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Netherlands - you can finish work and go for a crepe and a bong

Finland

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Luxembourg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

don't forget to turn off the immersion before you leave...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Ballyhaunis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 20,673 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Romania if you are a man professional, Italy if you are a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

schmoke and a pancake?

And don't forget looking at these lovely lovely living ladies in the shop windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Hello Moto GP

Germany actually seems to be one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

mickuhaha wrote: »
    Germany.

They're having a huge huge issue with the migrants they have given free pass to enter, many villages/towns now have less actual locals then they do Syrians and so on...
    Have friends over there and there are many no go areas....

Funny when you think the Germans were set on killing and now they can't get enough people into their country, this will and is back firing big time.... Not talking about the killing part.

And put mayonnaise on your chips

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Spain or Portugal, at a push France and maybe Germany as was there a few times it was a nice place but what I'm hearing isn't good these days.

I say i'd be home after a month if i went to amsterdams, too many distractions haha

• Advertisement

They're having a huge huge issue with the migrants they have given free pass to enter, many villages/towns now have less actual locals then they do Syrians and so on...
    Have friends over there and there are many no go areas....

Funny when you think the Germans were set on killing and now they can't get enough people into their country, this will and is back firing big time.... Not talking about the killing part.

There are more Germans in parts of Cork than locals.

France looks good actually. Cheap accommodation and decent country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

Ballyhaunis.

no longer a member of the EU since P Flynn couldn't afford to run 3 households...........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Seriously...you think you have it bad. I have had to put with a Tory Government for the past 10 years now led by Boris Fcuking Johnson...and to top it off there is a very real risk they will win the Euros.

I would go farming in the Andes.

Somewhere on the French German border would be perfect.

Spain or Portugal for the sun

Bulgaria

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Depends on what you do for work and what you're looking for? If your concerns are egalitarianism in health and housing, I'd say maybe a smaller city in the Netherlands or Scandanavia. But in Scandanavia could potentially kill you from boredom (with the exception of Copenhagen). Vienna Austria (but no other part of Austria if you value open mindedness at all) is a good shout, you'll have to learn German for any decent paying job though.

If you want to leave Europe entirely and the USA and Australia are out, then New Zealand (but almost everything there is outdated by our standards, I think you can still swipe and sign for card transactions and pasta is 'foreign food'.

If you want to earn a few quid it completely depends on your profession but Dubai, Saudi and Singapore usually come out on top. But of course these places are as brutal and backwards as they are outdated. In terms of healthcare and housing, it's how much you have to spend and that's it, no exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

branie2 wrote: »
    And put mayonnaise on your chips

I seen 'em do it, man. They fuckin' drown 'em in that shit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

You're generalising, both about France and Ireland.

Many urban areas of France have their own housing crisis. Sure, you might be able to get cheap accommodation in rural areas (as you can in Ireland), but will you get a job and services?

France's Civil Service costs is equal to a quarter of its GDP and a employs fifth of the country's workforce.

France occupies number 25 on the 2021 World Index of Healthcare Innovation, which ranks healcare systems by Quality, Choice, Science & Technology and Fiscal Sustainability. Ireland is at number 4.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with France, just that it doesn't meet the criteria that you set out in your own OP.

Advertisement