Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So we can like the Cosby show again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Must get that sweater again

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Must have had the same guy who got Michael Jackson and O.J. Simpson off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I can once again listen to concrete schoolyard by Jurassic 5 with a clear conscience

Akrasia wrote: »

Billy C’s conviction has been overturned

What does that mean? Are they going to have to reshoot the Family episodes that suggested he did something wrong and apologise the man? I mean they were ready to lynch him after watching that show...... and the bippity and the Boppity and the swinging him from the tallest Mountain Ash tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

SupaCat95 wrote: »
    What does that mean? Are they going to have to reshoot the Family episodes that suggested he did something wrong and apologise the man? I mean they were ready to lynch him after watching that show...... and the bippity and the Boppity and the swinging him from the tallest Mountain Ash tree.

I don’t remember that episode, just Bill being a great role model to Theo the lovable rogue and Rudee the precocious scamp

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    I don’t remember that episode, just Bill being a great role model to Theo the lovable rogue and Rudee the precocious scamp

Ahhhhh much more innocent times when Americas favourite family man and on screen gynecologist, earned his PhD in Education. Wow how times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Hated the Cosby Show from the beginning. Not because I thought there was something off about Bill, just didn't find it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Hated the Cosby Show from the beginning. Not because I thought there was something off about Bill, just didn't find it funny.

I thought it was a bit stupid also. It was Americas favourite TV show. Maybe it was a cultural thing or just the start of dumbing down TV with the bippity boppity boobity......... now stop that Bill.

Cant be showing that, culturally inappropriate as the man has been found "not guilty".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

He was a great stand up in his day a bit of a groundbreaker. His jumper game was dope too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Too perfect!

He was a great stand up in his day a bit of a groundbreaker. His jumper game was dope too.

A little before my time I thought the Cosby show was like watching paint dry on the wall. It just didnt transcend well culturally for me at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Mandela did 27 years for nothing, Cosby got out in 3, who says black men can't get a break in the American justice system?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭pgj2015

milehip wrote: »
    Mandela did 27 years for nothing, Cosby got out in 3, who says black men can't get a break in the American justice system?

Great man Mandela, who they locked up, just because he was black.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

He was great, in fairness, as Uncle Phil.

Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

That happens too, more than youd think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

KungPao wrote: »
    He was great, in fairness, as Uncle Phil.

Great show.

Uncle Phil was far better. And a judge!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Uncle Phil was far better. And a judge!
    And Shredder. Avery was the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭MOR316

Shows how much you know about either case then :rolleyes:

Never liked Bill Cosby. Nothing to do with any accusations or anything, just never found him funny.

Each to their own. Comedy is subjective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I think it's important to separate art from the artist. Kevin Spacey for example is a great actor and I don't get any less enjoyment from watching his films today than I would have ten years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

kowloonkev wrote: »
    I think it's important to separate art from the artist. Kevin Spacey for example is a great actor and I don't get any less enjoyment from watching his films today than I would have ten years ago.

Pity what happened to House of Cards

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What makes Cosby an even bigger swine is he portrayed himself as a clean cut ( almost " white bread ") family entertainer who often lectured the black community about lacking family stability

Hypocrite

kowloonkev wrote: »

Always found him a bit odd myself, he's great in The Usual Suspects however

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Great man Mandela, who they locked up, just because he was black.

They locked him up because he was such a political threat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    What makes Cosby an even bigger swine is he portrayed himself as a clean cut ( almost " white bread ") family entertainer who often lectured the black community about lacking family stability

Hypocrite

Strange thing is the amount of black Americans (and many white) who support him. There's a fairly large uptake among African Americans of conspiracy theories that there's an organised campaign to discredit successful black celebrities. You see it in the cases of O.J. Simpson, Michael Jackson and Cosby in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nothing to do with the bombings then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭pgj2015

oh, Racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He was only groundbreaker as he was a black comedian making it on to TV shows for white audiences.
    He effectively told white man jokes to white audience.

If you want a real groundbreaking comedian of the time then look at Richard Pryor who started off as a Bill Cosby clone but then went away and came back as a ground breaking black comedian that inspired others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Never found it funny, didnt like very many of the US comedies that RTE imported.

Advertisement