Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating apps and ladies over 35

Options
  • 28-06-2021 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Just browsing some dating apps and there seems to be a legion of women with desire to have kids "someday" which is fine obviously except most of these women are 37/38+ give or take even well into their 40s.
    Only on dating apps due to obvious reasons and I'm surprised by it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Are men not on them hoping to meet someone too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Their life,Their choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

My cynical mind can't help but think a male version of the pill would decimate these baby traps. They only want you for your batter!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Am I missing something, what's wrong with a 37 year old woman wanting kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Nothing wrong with it, but it's a race against the clock.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

I doubt many of the late 30s women saying they want children are unaware of that fact. Nothing wrong with having hopes and dreams.

So? Lots of people nowadays have kids in their late 30s or older.

I doubt many of the late 30s women saying they want children are unaware of that fact. Nothing wrong with having hopes and dreams.

Never said there was did i

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

How much time does she think she has? To find a man who she likes enough to have a child with who also likes her enough to have a child with. She's well into the danger zone.
    Let's be real here she's living in a dream world unless she wants to trap someone.

So? Lots of people nowadays have kids in their late 30s or older.

It's often a lot more difficult and expensive. Far more problematic than people think.

• Advertisement

Shure. I'm 39 and feel the exact same as I did about kids when I was 29, I'd like some just not yet. At this stage though I think it means a no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

kowloon wrote: »
    My cynical mind can't help but think a male version of the pill would decimate these baby traps. They only want you for your batter!

I don’t think too many lads on here’s “batter” is in very high demand. Most of it is getting spaffed into socks or down the drain.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Shure. I'm 39 and feel the exact same as I did about kids when I was 29, I'd like some just not yet. At this stage though I think it means a no.

You can have mine if you're stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I'm inclined to read that as them not having entirely ruled out having kids, and not that they've all hatched a desperate plan to churn one out before it's too late, and are merely on dating apps because they want some poor unsuspecting man's jism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Woodstockdub

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    How much time does she think she has? To find a man who she likes enough to have a child with who also likes her enough to have a child with. She's well into the danger zone.
    Let's be real here she's living in a dream world unless she wants to trap someone.

“Trap someone”
    How’s that chip on the shoulder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Maybe, just maybe, they are being honest and upfront about wanting children

My God, honesty on the internet, what is the world coming to?

DeanAustin wrote: »

How about an arrangement whereby I 'mind' them for you on Mondays. I'm off on Mondays.
    What are their ages?

DeanAustin wrote: »

Ah yeah, we can all get days like that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

“Trap someone”
    How’s that chip on the shoulder?

It's grand

Same for both. Could be a guy out there who knows he'd make an excellent dad. Meets a woman who knows she'd be an excellent mother. Could work if both straight up about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

SnuggyBear wrote: »

An unknowable number. My husband’s granny was 46 when she had her last child. It wasn’t ideal of course and definitely not planned but that baby was healthy. Few women would want to carry a child at 46 but the early 40s isn’t completely preposterous. I’d say everyone here knows women who have had successful pregnancies in their early 40s.

Hoping to have a baby in your late 30s - yes, it’ll be a tough thing to make happen for various reasons. But the only way to ensure that it doesn’t happen is to not try at all. And it’s not necessarily pickiness that finds these women in this situation. Relationships can break up for numerous reasons and suddenly you find yourself single in your late 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I don’t think too many lads on here’s “batter” is in very high demand. Most of it is getting spaffed into socks or down the drain.

I can vouch for this

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Just browsing some dating apps and there seems to be a legion of women with desire to have kids "someday" which is fine obviously except most of these women are 37/38+ give or take even well into their 40s.
    Only on dating apps due to obvious reasons and I'm surprised by it.

Probably those profiles were written 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Hannibal_12

housetypeb wrote: »
    Their life,Their choice.

No it is of course but purely from a biological point of view the time to get to know someone, see how you get on, maybe eventually move in together (if you can find somewhere to live these days) get married and then have kids the timelines are, shall we say, quite tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Yeah I'd agree with that. My lad friends are completely done with girls who go on dates and then 4 months later throw out the whole "I'm just not ready for a relationship" breakup line. Actually now that the rest of us have settled down with kids, they're really broody and are actively looking for girls like that who know what they want. They're looking in that 34-37 age bracket because they feel it's more likely they'll find a girl who's ready to settle down and not get distracted by the queue of lads on whatever dating site is being used now. This exists for both genders of course, and is probably way worse for women, but it's great there's people out there who have no problem saying exactly where they're at and what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Of course that's commendable, it's the biological timeline to do such a thing I find a little puzzling. Someday to me would imply a distant ish future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

How about an arrangement whereby I 'mind' them for you on Mondays. I'm off on Mondays.
    What are their ages?

One day? I need more than that. 8 and 6. They're little darlings...honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Oh you're talking about borrowing kids... I thought it was a joke about borrowing man batter

I don't get it, I mean most women want kids, those who are late 30s maybe still have some aspirations so why not put it on the profile? I'm sure they are well aware time isn't on their side but saying they didn't want kids wouldn't be true.

• Advertisement

I don't get it, I mean most women want kids, those who are late 30s maybe still have some aspirations so why not put it on the profile? I'm sure they are well aware time isn't on their side but saying they didn't want kids wouldn't be true.

Because a lot of men our age (late 30s here!) are unsure/not interested in having kids and we don't want to be alone forever. Spoiler alert to the OP, those of us who haven't totally ruled out becoming a mother can hear our own biological clocks thank you, and many of us have resigned ourselves to the fact that we wouldn't rule out kids someday, but it's also something that might not happen to us given 1. our age and 2. the frequent reluctance of men our age to commit to children, even in a strong relationship. So maybe it'll happen someday....maybe it won't.

OP, if it's a problem set your age slider to 20s and see how you get on :rolleyes:

Advertisement