Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service - Post Lockdown - Blended Working?

Options
1838485868789»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Decentralisation of whole Units / Departments was a huge mistake back in the day that resulted in huge losses of experienced staff and tacit knowledge, plus led to stagnation in promotional opportunities for those who did decentralise. I know people who decentralised 20 years ago and today they are still the same grade and doing the same role in the same unit they decentralised to, as they found themselves stuck. It was good for unattached people who could rent a room and move around easily enough, but not so good for anyone who had a family / spouse / spouse's employment to also consider.

With WFH and modern technology, people can live anywhere they want, and maybe commute 1/2 days a week. I also know people living as far away as Sligo now who travel to Dublin to do one day a week in the office.

Converting some of the government offices located around the country into shared, secure multi-department government hubs, as I described above, was considered as a potential way forward, as part of the blended working framework.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Can anyone tell me if there are any restriction on when you can apply for remote working? I didn't have any work I could do remotely but now after a few years I have some. They sent out an email at the start of the year and give a deadline for the closing date of applications but I don't see anything in the policy that says remote working can only be applied for only at certain times of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

IIRC, there was a "deadline" for applying for remote working on the NSSO website, though nobody could really explain why? New starters where I work have been getting access to remote working, no problem.

Advertisement