Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

The past 2 day's there seems to be an decrease in the size of the Russian attacks. They must be running out of prisoner's to just throw at Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Liveuamap.com is your man. It's a Ukranian source, so not objective, but neither would a Russian source be objective. They tend to be a little late reporting Ukranan losses, but they get there.

Every day, they have this particular story about attacks being repelled. It's hard to know what it means: did Russia launch a full-scale attack that they threw back, or did they shoot a few rounds over nonmanslad?

Here's today's offering:

Ukrainian military repelled Russian attacks near Bilohorivka of Luhansk region and Yampolivka, Rozdolivka, Vasukivka, Paraskoviyivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Klischiyivka, Kurdumivka and Ozaryanivka of Donetsk region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

• Registered Users Posts: 19,978 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That info, as I now point out for the second time, is stated on the page where the report is located. I did the links and quote bits in my original post, so no need for me to repeat the exercise for the obtuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Not if I like. I have nothing to do with it.

But it's interesting the same argument that Russians use to project onto others is what you are using are to protect one's s(kin).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Not a fan, and he's a bit of a Churchill wannabe, but indeed he's been a key supporter of Ukraine, which has translated into real results (not just photo ops). Far better than the alternative.

I suspect he won't be the only one at the victory parade, half the world will turn up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

This highlights the supply chain and maintenance issues that Ukraine is suffering. Heavy material must be recovered and shipped many hundreds of km (more than 1000km round trip is probably normal) to a safe place to repair as there aren't any in Ukraine - because of risk of missile/drone strike anywhere in Ukraine.

Russians don't suffer from this problem to anywhere near the same extent as they only have to move facilities to outside the (hard coded limited) range of the few HIMARS that are left, which they mostly have since October. They also aren't trying to maintain supply chains for hundreds of different vehicles at the same time further complicating things.

Logistics win and lose wars.

No end of morale boosting headlines and no time frame "game changing" deliverables, which are likely only to compound this problem btw, are going to change this strategic reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

In such a case, zero doubt he'll be center stage.

And he'll sell the story the next morning.

For a cold storage drive and 22p.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

They have paused to retrieve their many fallen comrades so as to give them a decent burial...

🤣 LOL like they are allowed to give two F's about their fellow countrymen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The Russian missile attacks of the early days on Ukraine are now much more limited to attacks on energy infrastructure - so the Ukrainians are repairing and reconstituting equipment over much of Ukraine in relative safety (compared to the first 4 or 5 months of the war) They've been very adept in that regard, they've captured over 500 Russian main battle tanks.

Indeed I'd say Ukraine have a relatively larger and more complex logistics challenge than the Russians, but they also have help from many economic powers (e.g. this permanent repair facility in Poland), whereas Russia is pretty isolated and also heavily sanctioned which reduces their capacity to source complex components and electronics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭jmreire

For 10 years the Russians tried to hold Afghanistan, and failed, and their main enemy's were Afghan tribesmen wearing the Shalwar Kamis, sandals and carrying AK47's. Only in the latter stages did they have any kind of sophisticated weaponry, curtesy of the US via Pakistan. They never had anything remotely resembling what Ukraine has presently at its disposal, and what is en-route. So if the Afghans could achieve what they did with what they had, just imagine what a Ukraine resistance movement would be like ??? I know an ex- Russian soldier who had been in Afghanistan, and even many years later, if it came up in the conversation, he would shudder at the memories. No, holding Ukraine would be a continuous nightmare for Russia.

Having a nearby ally diligently and professionally repairing and returning equipment to action, while safe from attack is a negative somehow.

The other reach is that repairs aren't happening in Ukraine itself. I can't imagine the Ukrainian armed forces would be keen on allowing journalists and photographers visit their own repair depots.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Lol. I was wondering there alright.

In WW2 in Berlin most sides collected their dead for burial, even collected enemy dead, all bar the Communists.

The Red Army bulldozed what they had of their fallen in to a hole and walked away, leaving the rest to dogs, Berliners and the allies to take care of.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,322 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He appears to be a sociopath / narcissist who doesn't really believe in anything. This would explain him cosying up to the Russians for many years and then changing sides and becoming a supposedly passionate supporter of Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Just imagine if it had been Comrade Corbyn, building a people's movement for peace and justice and demanding this and that. Kyiv would have got short shrift.

Even today his views on the matter are still horrendous and straight from the Clare Daly school of solidarity with Russia.

Shahid plant in Iran not damaged by nighttime airstrikes, satellite images show

The image, taken after the attack on January 29 at 10.10 a.m. local time, shows no damage to the plant. For comparison, here is an image from November 26 last year. Thus, there is no question of the destruction or any significant damage to the Shahed-136 plant itself.

I have to say I was astonished and pleasantly surprised at the Israelies doing something of considerable benefit to Ukraine, after previously refusing to do anything to damage their precious relations with their beloved partner, Orcistan.

My cynicism has not only been vindicated, the minor damage has been repaired and significant reinforcements added.

'Leopards don't change their spots', survives intact as a truism. Israel was, as ever, only looking out for it's own interests in those Iran strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,322 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I have seen photos from inside just such a workshop in a ukraine AF piece praising their vital work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The last episode of Warship provided an insight into the empty bluster of the Russians.

A UK navy ship was sailing off the coast of Crimea. A Russian commander kept warning that he would fire if it didn't change course. The UK ship calmly reminded the Russians that they were in international waters & kept to their course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭josip

Ah, I've ignored your previous rants a few times. And said to myself, Srdjan Djokovic is not a hill I'm prepared to die upon. I don't have the time to get into an internet battle with someone who's got way more time than me to spend on this thread. And I thought to myself that there's no point in posting anything; nobody ever changes anyone else's mind on the internet. But yet here I am now. Wasting my time. I'll never learn. Maybe there's a reason for your anti-Serb vitriol on this thread, maybe not. It doesn't matter. We all have our own stories. I've been told to shut up more than once in Serbia for saying what I thought there. So that's me. No Man's Land. Not a bad film if anyone wants to watch it.

The Srdjan Djokovic photo in Melbourne has been seized upon by the media as easy clickbait for those who drive their revenue streams. Unfortunately many will only read the headlines, read the articles or see the photo and come to a conclusion. It's usually a conclusion that supports their own bias. Whether we like to admit it or not, we all seek out articles that confirm our own bias.

I don't know Srdjan Djokovic personally, but he's too outspoken for my liking. He's not afraid to say what he thinks and a bit of fear there wouldn't go astray. He seems to have a very strong persecution complex. The only time I've seen him, he was playing pool with his friends and for the hour that I saw him he behaved like any other middle-aged/old man would. Maybe he started burning US flags and torturing kittens after we left. His brother by all accounts is worse, bona fide, 100% signed up lifelong member of the idiots club. I'm not sure why you wish Novak to be dead for what happened with his father in Melbourne, but each to their own. But what is being portrayed by the media about Srdjan is a misrepresentation of what happened in Melbourne.

There is a video of Srdjan meeting those Russians. Hopefully everyone has watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MCPYdm8kZM

Srdjan went out to the common area outside the stadium to celebrate with Djokovic's supporters as he had done for previous matches. Also out there were genuine Rublev supporters as well as the Putin supporters who came to make a scene. As Srdjan was making his way through the crowd the Putin supporters saw an opportunity and asked him to pose with them for a photo. Which he did. It would have been impolite not to. I don't know if he saw the Z on the guy's t-shirt or Putin's photo on the flag because he approached from the side and left from the rear. It's unlikely he would have understood to who or what the guy was saying on the video, there's not that much overlap between Russian and Serbian. What is completely incorrect is the translation you read in the Guardian/Independent of what he said when leaving. He didn't say "Long live the Russians", ("Živeli, rusi"), he said "Živeli, ljudi". It's a way of saying goodbye that older people in Serbia would use. I've never heard anyone from my generation using it, but Deda used to say it.

So there you go. Half an hour of my life wasted defending Srdjan fcuking Djokovic on a message board in Ireland. When will I learn. Back to Ukraine.

• Advertisement

Its more ironic than interesting.

Look, Bojo lied to his only superior, the queen. Who he had earlier sworn an oath of loyalty to. Thats been established by the courts.

You cant trust his headline about nukes.

Only a fool would trust Bojo. Ask around.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

+1.

Lord Lebedev.

People in here putting weight in Bojos words, making inferences about Russia to those who might criticize him.

Meanwhile, Bojo met the Russians without his security team, and gave a peerage to the son of a KGB upper tier officer.

Theyve been Bojo'd.

Kadyrovs are not part of russias losses,if they are,they are definately not right.

And Russian forces invading was close to 400 000 without LPR/DPR that have lost over 50% of their soldiers,at 30+ KIA,but could be even higher,since Russia have done forced mobilization in the seperatist regions,with as many as 140k recruited to the russian army.

Thats 700k troops with the second mobilization

And Putin have started a silent mobilization for round 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Here's a good one.

If Boris was in Putin's pocket. Putin would have known about the anti tank weapons that Britain was sending Ukraine after and maybe before the invasion. And Putin still sent in his troops knowing what their fate would be.

What does this make Putin in the eyes of his own people?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,509 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I posted my plan the last time you posted about the cost of the war but you tuck tail and ran, as expected.

The USSR was already crushed, but unsurprising that you didn't know that.

I'll await the next pearl clutching reaction to russian shilling you make on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Who here has been saying Bakhmut would fall for 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

To be fair it could well fall at any point and still could. It will make it to February and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it can last until march.

It looks like as well as the southern frontline and Belarus, Russia are amassing attack formations in the Kursk region and Luhansk frontline near Kremina.

With all these western tanks on the way has Putin decided now is the time to go all out? If Ukraine continue to defend smartly they could really break the backs of the Russians over the next 2 months.

Surely the timing of the tank announcement was tactical to bait the Russians into launching these attacks at the worst time of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭timmyntc

And Russian forces invading was close to 400 000 without LPR/DPR

source?

LPR/DPR that have lost over 50% of their soldiers

source?

And Putin have started a silent mobilization for round 3

and again, source on this?

Complete BS from you - this reads like fanfiction. No trustworthy news source seems to back up any of those numbers. Indeed, US/NATO/EU sources in Feb 2022 all put the invasion forces at just shy of 200k soldiers - where did these mystery extra 200k come from? The ghosts of WW2 soldiers past? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

deirdremf threadbanned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement