Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

INFOMAR underwater survey shipwreck models

• 25-06-2021 8:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Having seen in recent years a couple of survey RIBs festooned with sensors operating around the coast working closer to shore than anything else, I learned they were doing a new seabed survey and been keen to see their output.
    Check this out but only if you have time. 3D models from sonar surveys of some 160 wrecks in Irish waters. Fascinating, especially if they're local or you've sailed over or dived on them.

https://sketchfab.com/infomar/models

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Interesting thanks. Are all WW1? Is it a continuation of THIS? It would be nice to have a map, as I'd bet local knowledge could fill in several blanks.

edit - scrolling down past the numbers I found ecent ones - e.g. Kowloon Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Daibheid

They've let the location of new unknowns secret to avoid looting which had been a possible for years. But they're must be done interesting targets to be legally explored In the coming years.

Advertisement