Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

They need to start from scratch and recast tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Pretty sure one of the girls going in tomorrow night is Aaron Connolly’s Ex girlfriend. For any Irish football fans out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I tried to sit through an episode of this. Good god does this trash actually pass as tv these days?

And WTF Is with every one of the female Fcukwits on the show with lip jobs. They look ridiculous.

Have you heard of Instagram?? That platform, plus the fame that comes from appearing on a show like this, means these girls and guys, girls more so, can leave their office jobs or whatever they do, and make quick and easy money, big money, out of being famous. I don’t get it myself but that’s the world we live in. Even the lady who works in the dept of transport will probably leave that in search of Instagram fame, product endorsements and frequent trips to dubai paid for by wealthy men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to wonder has this format had it's day, the producers aren't really getting the results they want this year, it all feels a bit lukewarm and forced.

I'm extremely disappointed Brad stayed, I can't understand him most of the time and he seems to bore the arse off any girl he talks too.

Jake will 100% have his head turned he has no interest in liberty and is only tagging her along to stay on.

I think it’s become very self aware. They’re going in there knowing they can springboard on to something decent if the public like them. Faye has gone way OTT with it in particular but none of them are willing to rock the boat as they don’t have the the safety net of nightclub appearances to get the bank account ticking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Take Wes as an example. He was an academically very intelligent and had a well paid job as an engineer with London transport or something, but after the show he decided to pursue life as a celebrity. No doubt he had small pay checks at the start like club appearances or product endorsements, then much bigger paychecks like the dancing and singing celebrity shows, now he is making it big in the music industry. I saw him on the 6 o’clock show on VM a year or so ago, and he smugly remarked about how all his houses were mortgage free. Some of these people that start off on this show are living like kings and queens now. Jeez even Shaughna from last year South Africa series is a full time Instagram blogger/endorser now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Have you heard of Instagram?? That platform, plus the fame that comes from appearing on a show like this, means these girls and guys, girls more so, can leave their office jobs or whatever they do, and make quick and easy money, big money, out of being famous. I don’t get it myself but that’s the world we live in. Even the lady who works in the dept of transport will probably leave that in search of Instagram fame, product endorsements and frequent trips to dubai paid for by wealthy men.

And get even bigger lips too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Take Wes as an example. He was an academically very intelligent and had a well paid job as an engineer with London transport or something, but after the show he decided to pursue life as a celebrity. No doubt he had small pay checks at the start like club appearances or product endorsements, then much bigger paychecks like the dancing and singing celebrity shows, now he is making it big in the music industry. I saw him on the 6 o’clock show on VM a year or so ago, and he smugly remarked about how all his houses were mortgage free. Some of these people that start off on this show are living like kings and queens now. Jeez even Shaughna from last year South Africa series is a full time Instagram blogger/endorser now.

Depends on if Dangermouse needs her!
    Squawkencluck.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

For someone who loathes the show, you know an awful lot about it :D

To thine own self be true

They need to start from scratch and recast tbh

Not only is there no chemistry with any of the boys/girls but there's not any friendships blossoming between anyone in there.
    In other years, you'd say to yourself that I could see X and Y staying in touch when this is over, they get on so well.
    It's so dead on every level this year.
    There's no personalities in there. Good or bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Faugheen wrote: »
    The cast is simply too young. Faye (26) and Rachel (29) seem to actually want to find someone while the rest care more about the brand deals and exposure.

What did they expect in reality if you’re putting a bunch of kids in there?

They're the same age as usual, maybe even a bit older. Doubt anyone ever went on LI seriously looking for the love of their life, apart from Amy was it? :pac: good paydays too from being a couple off the show.

Wonder what Hugo said? Thinking it could be something about money/status after what her guy was saying to other lads last night.
    Needs something to up the drama, hopefully it's not just clever editing and it's nothing & forgotten about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

While this year's series is pretty dull thus far, personally I appreciate the 'brain flush' after a stressful and depressing 18 months so I'm sticking with it this year :D

Just caught up on last night's episode:

- It's a shame Rachel didn't pick Chuggs. Yes a bit of a toff, but buckets more personality than Brad. I thought Brad was so handsome at the start but he is extremely dull. Chuggs looked like a bit of craic. I could have seen him and Chloe hitting it off (who comes across actually quite a nice, grounded person despite my first impressions, which I put down to the producers pushing the 'aggressive homewrecker' entrance).

- Poor Liberty will get shunted aside soon. At least Jake was honest with her early on and didn't pull a Curtis on her.

- The rest are pretty 'meh' right now. Tonight's episode looks good if they send in the two new girls early on. But probably they'll spend most of the episode on whatever Hugo said, likely some unintentionally-awkward comment he made during a random conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

They just need to throw some tomcats in there to start stealing people away from their “love interests “(stretching it in every case this year)….time for some arguments and bitch fights to liven things up….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Gonna give this another try tonight. Must be feeling extra full of self-hatred!

Also I’m wearing my new Crocs, I’m down with the kids apparently.

I bet the thing Hugo said to piss the girls off is to do with plastic surgery/fillers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Bet Hugo and chloe will do well in this challenge.

Brad is a horrible yoke of a man, so couldn't care less with anyone but himself

Oh seriously they’re going to kick off cos he says he doesn’t like fake girls?!! They are obviously massively insecure to take offence at that.

Ah FFS seriously? Those girls are ridiculous! Poor Hugo, I hope he stands up for himself instead of grovelling with an apology, he won't of course, pity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

The girls reaction to that is so over the top. He wasnt directing it at any of them imo. Really starting to dislike Faye..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Oh seriously they’re going to kick off cos he says he doesn’t like fake girls?!! They are obviously massively insecure to take offence at that.

Absolutely ridiculous!! I feel so sorry for Hugo. And I dislike Sharon even more. She is not a nice person.

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous!! I feel so sorry for Hugo. And I dislike Sharon even more. She is not a nice person.

She always seems to be sneery.

What’s with the way Rachel walks?!!

Think he meant fake personality and not anything to do with fake body parts..

Omg comparing someone choosing to enhance their looks, to race or height. Things that people can’t change?! Fcuk off! And this is coming from someone who has had enhancements!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Grow a pair of balls Hugo

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭SunnySundays

These girls are insane and insecure.

Everyone is allowed their preferences and he prefers the natural look.

jluv wrote: »
    Think he meant fake personality and not anything to do with fake body parts..

He means both, which is completely fair enough.

• Advertisement

Like the bloke was only being honest…..and he’s being ripped to shreds for speaking the truth….pack of morons in there

Also aren’t these some of the girls who wrote Hugo off from the get go cos he was “too nice” and took the piss out of him to each other? Seriously fcuk right off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So Hugo is a prick for saying he doesn't like fakeness but Sharon said 2 girls in there look fake and that's fine.

Ah here these girls are ****in eejits.

He didn’t even direct it at them - how insecure can you be to take a general comment like that so personally

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭SunnySundays

His reaction is equally insane.

The level of immaturity on both sides is pathetic.

• Advertisement

She always seems to be sneery.

Rickets?! :D

Like she’s got a wet nappy on

Should the dark skinned/haired girls now start getting offended cos Jake and some of the others continuously go on about preferring blonde haired blue eyed girls?!!

Sharon standing over him 'supervising' the completely unnecessary apology to Faye. Ffs

Should the dark skinned/haired girls now start getting offended cos Jake and some of the others continuously go on about preferring blonde haired blue eyed girls?!!

Exactly, like how can you answer such a question genuinely otherwise

“Oops can’t say I prefer tall girls because some might be shorter, can’t say I prefer more buxom girls because some might be more petite, can’t say you like brunettes because there might be blondes” etc etc
    Really chaldish of them

His reaction is equally insane.

The level of immaturity on both sides is pathetic.

I disagree, that was a shock for him as he totally didn't mean anything bad. He went from super popular to massive enemy in a second, he is just a kind hearted character so it was going to cut him deep. I think they were tears of shock as much as being genuinely upset. Those two girls are awful bitches.

She cried every day between age 13 and 18 because she wasn't developed and her parents paid for her boob job at 18.
    I only sprouted boobs at 22, shock horror.
    It doesn't sit right with me for parents encouraging their daughter at 18 to get her breasts enlarged. Like, the day before her 18th birthday, she was still classed as a child.

Really CHALDISH of them
    I like it, ha!

I think Hugo's reaction came from him growing up in a world where you can't say anything without being "cancelled". I'd say he got an awful shock from it. He has every right to have his preferences, the way the girls do.

I would have respected Hugo a lot more there had he not started crying and instead said he’s not responsible for how the girls feel about themselves and stood his ground on what he finds a turn off. Fake is very shallow in her likes and dislikes, the audacity of her to poke holes in other people’s answers. I think she has a thing for Hugo and that’s what’s hurting her.

• Advertisement

I think Hugo's reaction came from him growing up in a world where you can't say anything without being "cancelled". I'd say he got an awful shock from it. He has every right to have his preferences, the way the girls too.

It seems the girls have more rights to air their preferences. Weren't many of them sneering at Hugo when he was coupled up with Sharon and she was slagging him? I vaguely remember them all laughing at him. Now they're all #bekind

She cried every day between age 13 and 18 because she wasn't developed and her parents paid for her boob job at 18.
    I only sprouted boobs at 22, shock horror.
    It doesn't sit right with me for parents encouraging their daughter at 18 to get her breasts enlarged. Like, the day before her 18th birthday, she was still classed as a child.

They should have invested the money in therapy instead. Maybe then she would be a nicer person

Also, they all got their egos hurt when every single one of the lads picked Chloe as the person they would couple up with.

Also, they all got their egos hurt when every single one of the lads picked Chloe as the person they would couple up with.

Faye was steaming and might have fed into her outrage at Hugo's comments. Finally figured out who she reminds me of/shes trying to be. Katie Price..

The lads all pumping weights before the new girls come in to the house, like that will change any minds :D

Hugo suddenly regretting saying turn his off is fakeness

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

What's that tattoo on the inside of Fayes lip?
    Edit: Ah just saw it there, it says "inflate to 120 psi"

Hugo suddenly regretting saying turn his off is fakeness

:D:D

“I’m 5’8 and with heels on I’m over 6 foot”

In that case it’s stilts you’re on love,not high heels

• Advertisement

These selfies seem fairly orchestrated

Lucinda reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence

Advertisement