Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2021/22

1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

A team of Gary Breens would have been better than my squad this season.... hopefully getting all my bad luck out in one vile chunk this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Some formula Cartman.

=IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP($D5,Fixtures!$A:$AS,36,FALSE)),"BLANK",VLOOKUP($D5,Fixtures!$A:$AS,36,FALSE))

Could replace the above with this and get same result minus your formatting.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($D5,Fixtures!$A:$AS,36,0),"BLANK")

Haha...yeah...it's fairly verbose alright 😂

I thankfully don't really use Excel anymore....I think that bloated formula is one I've rolled over from the original version a few years ago.

It does the job anyway for the fixtures I guess but performance would be an issue on a bigger dataset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I don't suppose you would have this updated by any chance? Main opponent in my mini league has all chips used and I still have wildcard and bench boost so would like to see what his side looks like when I enter it into the spreadsheet. If not, no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Big GW coming up. FH & BB galore

My FH is looking like

Ederson

VVD-James - Alonso - Pereira

Madison - Mane - Foden - KDB

Werner - Richy

Tavares - Delph - 4.4 forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

I don't think there's any 4.4 forwards in the game, 4.5 is the min. With the scheduling of the Chelsea games and the FA cup final on close after, rotation might be widespread in Chelsea's 2 fixtures, TAA and Salah both have got their rests now, Robbo will probably be rested in 1 of their next 3 games, CL or 2 league games. VVD is a nice pick then, as you have. Maddison and Ricky's minutes might be managed too, keep an eye on the pressers this week, I played my FH 2 weeks ago disaster, hope you have better luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

He was 4.4 weeks ago, went back up in gw 29, unless you have him since then. The way you wrote it I thought you meant any 4.4 forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Haaland to City looking as good as done.

What do we think, 12.0 striker for the new season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,075 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

12.5 maybe? Probably match up with Kane to give people a decision to make.

As an aside, does anyone wish that the starting prices were changed a bit to go in 0.2 increments instead of 0.5 only?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lukaku came in 11.5m Ronaldo 12.5m this season.

In between those 2 prices i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭The Guru 123

After this seasons disaster with the forwards (although I must say I've had great joy with Ronaldo the last month) I think next season I'll be definitely starting with Haaland and Mitrovic and a 4.5. There's none of this years contingent I'd have any interest in getting again to be honest. Think Haaland will be 12.5.

I would assume that Jota gets moved to a forward next year. But his minutes are limited, and probably around 9.0 so not that attractive unless he becomes nailed on starter.

Maybe Antonio for the opening 6 GWs again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

I think a lot will depend on the opening few weeks fixtures for the likes of Mitrovic.....he didn't set the world alight when Fulham were last up and I'm not convinced they have a much stronger team for next year.

There will be a fear of not having Haaland initially and of course Kane is always a slow starter.

In a parallel universe Kane could be at Man Utd in August, Mane could be gone to Bayern (as he is very peeved that Salah is getting all the attention regarding his contract) and Antonio could be gone to any of Spurs,Utd or Arsenal.

Solanke may go under the radar a bit too, in the cheap striker category. He also hit 30 goals this season and seems to have finally found his feet in terms of what kind of player he is. Bournemouth were always good for a goal when they were in the league.

Talk of Watkins going to West Ham as well for anyone who likes getting trolled every week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Going to have to pay more attention to my captain choices, I worked out that I could have finished in the top 20 if I had picked the right captains especially towards the end of the season. Despite having Son I never seemed to captain him at the right time. Not complaining just something to work on next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ll be 100% starting with Callum Wilson as my FWD… provided he’s fit!

Yeah the basis of my team next year, posting it here to remind me in 2 months time, see you all later.

GK: 4.5, 4

Def: Robbo, Cancelo, Matip,

Mid: Son, Salah, Maddison,Saka

For: Haaland, Wilson

Post edited by patmac on

• Advertisement

Jaysus....too soon lads 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭COH

Wildcard activated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Even with last year's closing prices you were on 90.4m without Haaland.

GK (8.5): 4.5, 4

Def (27.8): Robbo (7.3), Cancelo (7.2), Matip (5.3), (4.0) (4.0)

Mid (42.5): Son (11.2), Salah (13.1), Maddison (6.9), Saka (6.7) (4.5)

For (11.6): Haaland, Wilson (7.1) (4.5)

Advertisement