Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There's been loads of great players from Bundesliga, but Its goalscorers that are the problem. Whatever way you look at it, goalscorers in Bundesliga don't seem to easliy translate. Lads scoring 20 goals in Bundesliga, signing for English clubs and struggling to hit 5 in the PL.

Werner hit 28 in Bundesliga, 6 next season in PL

Sancho hit 17 in Bundesliga, 1 next season in PL

Players like Haller, Joelinton were all signed to score goals and it didn't really work.

PEA probably the bit example of when it has worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Looking at GW 26, torn between TC'ing Salah or using an FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Still in the overall cup, best run ever. Anyone else still in? How far have any boardsies gone in it in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Darksoul

Double week for gw 28 and gw 29 confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,882 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would it be fair that this kind of moves the goalposts from trying to strategise carefully onto pretty much needing to take (admittedly calculated) quite a number of hits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wildcard GW28 looking likely

• Registered Users Posts: 32,882 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think it might not be the best idea. If you're going big on Liverpool and Arsenal (the best DGW options this week IMO), you have a double in 29 aswell.

I reckon you'd also need to consider whether a wildcard played in 28 would cover the blanks in GW30 without weakening your team across the board. You could also be FHing in 30 like many would be, but the question then would be what you'd gain from the wildcard in 28 when you'd A) already have Arsenal and Liverpool players for the double in 29 B) won't be benefitting from your wildcard team in 30 as you play FH and then C) Liverpool have Watford at home in 31, while Arsenal are against Palace.

So basically if you stock up on Arsenal and Liverpool this week (who definitely have the fixtures to justify doing exactly that), you can pretty much delay that wildcard until 32 IMO. Thats my plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Actually thinking of a last minute wildcard for this week, then free hit in GW27...

I can triple up on Arsenal and Liverpool while getting in some Wolves and Villa players for blank GW 30

Also lets me get in Man City and United players for GW27

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone watch Newcastle since Targett moved? Is he on set pieces? Playing advanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think I saw him taking a corner kick but Shelvey would be more likely to take the set pieces in most situations as far as I could see. Newcastle are playing a flat back four so he is not playing as a wingback but was getting forward the odd time. Wood has yet to score since moving so crosses from open play may not be the most likely source of a goal. Saint-Maximin tends to run with the ball before shooting so often there could esily be an assist from just a short pass and Targett is on the same side of the pitch. Trippier injury does them no favours in the keeping clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Anyone know how I can check my global ranking for just this calendar year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

5 subs from next season . Bad for fantasy football?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's expected the PL will adopt the 5 subs rule for next season.

Vote is on thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,195 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The IFAB pretty much told them that they had to anyways. The PL is the only major league that doesn't have 5 subs iirc.

I hate these Friday deadlines. Nearly forgot to set my lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Would anyone consider going without Salah until the end of the season and (in my case) tripling up on their defence?

I've a FH left and so could get him back to GW36

It's not the worst idea.

I have no Salah currently. Have Son & Kane inatead. Depending on how the midweek game goes, it's either buy him in 32 and keep or 34 and keep. FH36/36 will be popular too so he might not be too heavily owned in 33 but would be heavily owned in 36. You have the FH so covered there.

I think owning him 34-38 is the better option but don't think he is a must own currently. If he scores a couple midweek, that can change though IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any sign of an updated spreadsheet sheet with the new DGWs? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Darksoul

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'll fire that info into the Excel sheet tomorrow at some stage.....too late to save my season but might be useful for some I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭skippy15

Anyone know how nailed Amartey is now with the all the Leicster players coming back? Seems to be getting the minutes and with lots of games all prone to rotation, will prob stay on my Bench until BB in 36 but need make the move this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I'd hold if you own him but wouldn't buy him at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

FH and BB left, no idea what to do. And tempted to swap Salah for KDB, he just seems to be off form at the worst possible time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,238 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Yep Salablanca again the last night 3 Pool goals and no involvement or TAA either.

Robbo and Mane seem to be the in form

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Here you go.....hope this is of use to someone....my season has been dying a slow death for months now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭COH

An entire team of Gary Breens? Thats the stuff of dreams. They should make a song about that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah heard a commentator say he hasnt scored from open play in 8 games now and of course he missed that pen playing for Egypt. I wish Id sold him before the Watford game but hindsight is 20/20 and all that. Not sure if I'd sell him now but I wont be captaining him v City, will likely go with Son vs Villa instead. It will be another game where Im hoping Son hauls and Kane does nothing, I hate wishing for that kind of stuff becasue you just know its likely to backfire.

Advertisement