Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who always manage to feck up any event / party they go to

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Lot of negative stuff here. Can we agree the life and soul is always the rotund boy with the furry lip, and the tin whistle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Worst I ever witnessed was at a house party of lads and girls off their skull on yokes, with another group snorting Coke most of the evening. Dutch Gabber and all sorts of banging music playing.

One of the girls decided to invite this innocent student type guy over to it - he waits until someone is changing the cds at bat**** o clock in the morning and picks a guitar up from the corner of the room. I think he got 2 lines in to Seven Nation Army before an ashtray flew across the room from the coke guys direction and nearly took his ****ing head off followed by a steak knife embedding itself in the wall behind him.

Needless to say he made a very quick exit from the party after that! :D

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It was Wonderwall wasn't it

It's always f*cking Wonderwall

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Neighbour is a right bollix for this

He would wear the ear off anyone talking - more accurately he actually lectures and expects ppl to just listen and nod agreement

Anyway I’ve witnessed him do his “guitar routine” at the afters of a wedding, the afters of a residents association evening, wakes, bbqs, birthday parties, opening of an envelope, you get the picture...

The big fat plonker seems to think he is the embodiment of Bono, John Lennon, and christy Moore rolled into one.

His routine consists of absolutely murdering the following songs:-

Bad moon rising
    Free falling
    Fields of athenry
    With or without you
    Boys are back in town
    Various “rebel” songs

Between the songs he says stuff like “ha that wasn’t bad was it was it” begging for compliments from ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Someone I know through someone, just when the night is hotting up he’s more pissed than the rest of us and starts to roar out oirush songs & sing down his nose at people and gets really angry and aggressive shussishing people . Wouldn’t mind but he is a total bore and really dosn’t have either the voice or most of the words. Drives me mad AND monopolises the singsong if it gets going. Apparently its his free concert not a singsong. Tone deaf and a seasion drone & roaring bore.
    LOOOOOOOOOOW Liiiiiiiiiiiie de Fields....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Loud monopolising family member who goes round the room asking totally inappropriate and hurtful questions and corners people into his shoutey monologues.

x: So Y have you had any more miscarriages - how many is than now - six - I know someone else who had 4, I’ve been rehearsing medieval choral speaking tomes did you know St Alouusuoys invented the ...

Sometimes I watch him entraping another poor victim and have an overwhelming urge to stab him to death with a cocktail fork.

Dosn’t drink of course. And monologues us to death with the same ‘ you din’t need to drink to be interesting or have a good time’ ... EVERY TIME.

The worst bores are the sober bores.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Neighbour is a right bollix for this

He would wear the ear off anyone talking - more accurately he actually lectures and expects ppl to just listen and nod agreement

Anyway I’ve witnessed him do his “guitar routine” at the afters of a wedding, the afters of a residents association evening, wakes, bbqs, birthday parties, opening of an envelope, you get the picture...

The big fat plonker seems to think he is the embodiment of Bono, John Lennon, and christy Moore rolled into one.

His routine consists of absolutely murdering the following songs:-

Bad moon rising
    Free falling
    Fields of athenry
    With or without you
    Boys are back in town
    Various “rebel” songs

Between the songs he says stuff like “ha that wasn’t bad was it was it” begging for compliments from ppl

Do you live in Beechwood Park Ranelagh??? If so I know the tosser. Another bint in that estate sing opera out of tune whenever she gets an audience

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

It was Wonderwall wasn't it

I said maybe....,

It's a party, people are going to be chatting amongst themselves. It's not a concert.

If anyone shushed me at a concert they'd get the same response. I'm hear to enjoy myself, chatting and singing along to the songs is part and parcel of that. If you don't want to hear other people having fun, then buy the CD. Classical music/Opera/Theatre are different, but if I got a shush at a pop/rock concert you'd be told where to shove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

If anyone shushed me at a concert they'd get the same response. I'm hear to enjoy myself, chatting and singing along to the songs is part and parcel of that. If you don't want to hear other people having fun, then buy the CD. Classical music/Opera/Theatre are different, but if I got a shush at a pop/rock concert you'd be told where to shove it.

Singing along is fine and adds to the atmosphere but I will never ever understand people who go to a concert just to chat with their friends.

Too many times I've gone to a gig and there'll be some people closeby paying absolutely no attention to the stage and instead are just having some banal conversation with their pal. I just don't get the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Worse than the party Guitar Wanker are those who shush you whilst Guitar Wanker is playing. That's right, I've been shushed at parties and admonished for not giving Guitar Wanker the right amount of deference. It's a party, people are going to be chatting amongst themselves. It's not a concert.

It's always some man who's looking to impress girls around him 9/10 times when he just picks it up out of his volition.

Always some maudlin "I'm so deep", let me help you understand how many feelings I have and the depth of these still waters.

Then they go and play Time Of Your Life by Greenday.

The only time it's acceptable to bring a guitar out is when everybody in the room at a party is pushing someone for it. And even then it's a request based thing with people all around asking for songs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

People who always manage to feck up any political party they go to

too many to chose from on this island

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Rothko wrote: »
    Singing along is fine and adds to the atmosphere but I will never ever understand people who go to a concert just to chat with their friends.

Too many times I've gone to a gig and there'll be some people closeby paying absolutely no attention to the stage and instead are just having some banal conversation with their pal. I just don't get the point.

Fair enough if they are paying zero attention but there are times when you will want to chat with friends at gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

I’ve never shushed anyone at a concert but sometimes it might be warranted. Like the way shushing in the cinema or library is socially acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Do you live in Beechwood Park Ranelagh??? If so I know the tosser. Another bint in that estate sing opera out of tune whenever she gets an audience

Hahah no

My name is a reference to an indie band I like called beechwood sparks

I get the feeling plonkers like him are common though.

I forget to say during with or without you he launches into a speech about the power of love , I think he learned it off by heart from some speech Bono did back in the 80s.

He expects full respect and quiet when doing all this

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Hahah no

My name is a reference to an indie band I like called beechwood sparks

I get the feeling plonkers like him are common though.

I forget to say during with or without you he launches into a speech about the power of love , I think he learned it off by heart from some speech Bono did back in the 80s.

Jesus that's horrific. The dude I'm thinking of has an 18 minute Eagles medley he likes to whip out, its obscene but nothing on that level of derangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

You mean AIR SIGNS ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It's always f*cking Wonderwall

Or David Gray :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

seamus wrote: »
    Or people who offer to do something important, like bring food or music, and then turn up an hour late or not at all.

My uncle (only a few years older than me fwiw) was supposed to be a groomsman at my wedding and as he's a professional photographer said he'd take photos for the day also.

I'm 3 years married. I haven't seen or heard a single word from him since 2 weeks before my wedding. ****ing asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Dog day

If he did anything akin to a mid-strumming ‘power of love speech’ around me I’d either die laughing or he’d die by my hand. What a grade A tool!

• Advertisement

Shoelaces wrote: »
    The dude I'm thinking of has an 18 minute Eagles medley he likes to whip out, its obscene

That's disgusting. Sure you'd barely get through a live performance of Hotel California in that time. Play the full song or feck off. Or just feck off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

My youngest sister, only discernable talent is being slighted and going from there to full blown arguments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    My youngest sister, only discernable talent is being slighted and going from there to full blown arguments

I had a girlfriend like that once. She was a nightmare to bring anywhere as she was liable to have a major tantrum at some point. Very embarrassing.
    I remember one being at a party for a friend of mine whose family were fairly rough. This one of course goes full tantrum over something fairly benign someone said to her. She was very close to getting her head kicked in that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I had a girlfriend like that once. She was a nightmare to bring anywhere as she was liable to have a major tantrum at some point. Very embarrassing.
    I remember one being at a party for a friend of mine whose family were fairly rough. This one of course goes full tantrum over something fairly benign someone said to her. She was very close to getting her head kicked in that night.

the person im referring to is thirty four and got into a verbal fight with a bunch of teens at a bus stop in the past few weeks in town ( Dublin ) , they heaped abuse on her , her own fault for telling them to "stop blocking the path "

some day she will take the wrong people to task as she never stops complaining about the public to anyone who will listen , complete covid neurotic too , unless you are masked 24-7 , you are in for a lecture

NPHET should have her on a salary

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

My uncle (only a few years older than me fwiw) was supposed to be a groomsman at my wedding and as he's a professional photographer said he'd take photos for the day also.

I'm 3 years married. I haven't seen or heard a single word from him since 2 weeks before my wedding. ****ing asshole.
    woah!

Advertisement