Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) stepping into Dark Side of the Force?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I could take or leave Pink Floyd but I'm a big fan of Roger Waters. It'd be handy for him to sit back and enjoy his wealth but he has decided to spend his time productively. Credit to him.

Not much he can do about what headline a publication uses.

Might say more about the raggy standards of the Indo these days than anything else OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Saw him in the 3 arena last time he was over with the Us + Them tour. Amazing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Saw him in the 3 arena last time he was over with the Us + Them tour. Amazing gig.

Was it a scaled down show for Dublin, did he have the big Battersea laser rig there?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Was it a scaled down show for Dublin, did he have the big Battersea laser rig there?

Nah. He let the flying pig loose around the place though. Some brilliant musicians on stage. He brought out a gang of kids to sing Brick in the Wall.

Was it not summery?

When I first heard that as a teenager, "summery" registered better on the ear. Of course, the nuance eluded me. Eventually it begun to make sense. Roger Waters might be regarded as a polemicist nowadays, however he has always remained steadfast to his beliefs and his songwriting acumen is timeless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Gosh so nice musical response for my social media slamming post. Must find some time and get back to these psychedelic tunes.
    It did not match exactly my youth years but I got fascinated by The Wall I saw it first time in my early teens (funny thing I was not aware Geldof played main role and thought it was actually Waters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭Tork

Psychedelic, eh? Careful with those LSD tabs Eugene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Tork wrote: »
    Psychedelic, eh? Careful with those LSD tabs Eugene
    What about Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Massive control freak with a venomous temper by all accounts.

Yes, but it was those attributes that drove all the quality output from Floyd - not the safe output from Gilmour led Floyd ever since. I know what I prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Want to pay tribute to these wonderful lyrics:

"Overhead the albatross / Hangs motionless upon the air / And deep beneath the rolling waves / In labyrinths of coral caves / An echo of a distant time / Comes willowing across the sand / And everything is green and submarine."

Saw Gilmour play it live in the Albert Hall in 2006 ... got something caught in my eye for 26mins *sniff*.

Looking forward to Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets playing it in their set in the Convention Center next April ... get in ! Row B :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

His Grandfather was killed at the Somme in WWI and his father killed at Anzio in WWII - no wonder he is political :(

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Wolff wrote: »
    His Grandfather was killed at the Somme in WWI and his father killed at Anzio in WWII - no wonder he is political :(

"They were all left behind,most of them dead,the rest of them DYING!"
    You can hear and feel his anger and pain in this line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

zom wrote: »
    Is Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) stepping into Dark Side of the Force?
    There is no dark side of the force. As a matter of fact, its all dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

zom wrote: »
    What about Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast?

Careful with that Marmalade

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Interesting character.

He earned a reputation for being a bit of a tyrant back in the day. The other lads in Floyd were pretty much terrified of him by the latter half of the 70's, before eventually breaking free of him.

Massive control freak with a venomous temper by all accounts.

He was a complete dick back in the day, watch any interviews. But he's different now, at the landsdown gig he even admitted and pretty much apologised for his behaviour back in the day and admitted he was a dick. Fair play to him.
    I'd support his stance on most things too bar assange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Have a lot of respect for the man but this sort of stuff is a bit out there.

https://twitter.com/rogerwaters/status/1130821813708234752?lang=en

Advertisement