Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Ambassador to the States acts the clown!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,175 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

AndyWhite1 wrote: »
    anyone is stronger than Donald Trump, lol

*kidding*

Disappointing "first" post :pac:

Things will get better over time ;)

Ah I don't think so. I have a bit of self respect and try to stick up my myself in general.

Some people are doormats and prefer to smile while being walked on and demeaned by others.

Your choice.

LOL

Poor Donny. Offended by a little joke. Try to remember that the next time you ridicule others who are as sensitive as you are.

LOL

Poor Donny. Offended by a little joke. Try to remember that the next time you ridicule others who are as sensitive as you are.

When that yank calls you a little leprechaun and asks you to say the line about your "lucky charms" and tells you to do a little jig for him, you go ahead and doff the cap and do it for him. We'll see it when he posts it on youtube :pac:

When that yank calls you a little leprechaun and asks you to say the line about your "lucky charms" and tells you to do a little jig for him, you go ahead and doff the cap and do it for him. We'll see it when he posts it on youtube :pac:

Poor Donny. :(

So if you went to America and some yank started slagging you and calling you a little leprechaun and asking where are your "lucky charms" would ya doff the cap at him and smile and maybe do a little jig for him or would ya tell him to fuck off?

Wow, such original content. How often do ya pull this one out, oh thin skinned one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Mulhall is perfectly right and doing his job.

He is a very good representative.

He's a muppet and it was a muppet letter, whether or not Coveney told him to write it.

That said, I'm sure that every Leprechaun is delighted with him - especially the one in the Aras.

What is your angle? Just in favour of "doffing the cap" to your betters?

Seriously, do you need a thesaurus or something? You only have the one line?

It's my fault, I probably overestimated you. I'll leave you alone now.

He's a muppet and it was a muppet letter, whether or not Coveney told him to write it.

That said, I'm sure that every Leprechaun is delighted with him - especially the one in the Aras.

Had you ever heard of him before today?

Seriously, do you need a thesaurus or something? You only have the one line?

It's my fault, I probably overestimated you. I'll leave you alone now.

Jaysus, someone is a little upset :D

Too close to the bone perchance?

Jaysus, someone is a little upset :D

Too close to the bone perchance?

I'm going to leave you be. I kind of feel bad now.

I'll, uh, "doff my cap" and leave ya to it.

• Advertisement

I'm going to leave you be. I kind of feel bad now.

I'll, uh, "doff my cap" and leave ya to it.

Anyone can learn to stick up for themselves over time. It might just take a little bit of courage. They don't need to live their entire life a certain way if they don't want to. They can always change and improve. Just because they have gotten used to being walked on doesn't mean they have to allow it forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

More woke nonsense tbh. People are unable to take a joke these days and love to feel offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,185 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Krugman was making the point which is that, incl the artificial turnover/ profits of foreign multinationals in our GNP, totally distorts the economic reality of the country. His criticism is just, but his method of making the point is flawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Allinall

TefalBrain wrote: »
    More woke nonsense tbh. People are unable to take a joke these days and love to feel offended.

Was it a joke?

Water John wrote: »
    Krugman was making the point which is that, incl the artificial turnover/ profits of foreign multinationals in our GNP, totally distorts the economic reality of the country. His criticism is just, but his method of making the point is flawed.

No. That was nothing to do with his point. His point was about tax take from corporations on an overall basis being so low compared to where it was. He has no concern for Irish GDP (he talks about GDP not GNP). His only reference to it was that in changing the rules to force Apple to book its assets to its Irish resident vehicle, caused the official GDP figure to jump 25%. He did this only to demonstrate the "value" of these assets relative to the Irish economy overall.

GDP is irrelevant to an economy like Ireland anyway. GNI is what people would look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wow, just. Wow.

So much butthurt.

Vestiapx wrote: »
    What does your user name mean?

Its a mix of the San Francisco 49ers and the fighting Irish.

Im not opposed to the Leprauchan being used as I clearly stated but I understand its origin and now when an insult is meant as an insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

And now insulting my President. Strange views to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Like all published correspondents and columnists, Krugman was looking for a soundbite, but as a lazy and tabloid trope, it backfired by only diminishing himself.

Dan Mulhall is a superb representative for Ireland overseas and especially in an important and powerful allied Capital like Washington DC. Keep her lit Dan.

PS the OP is of course trolling at this stage, but fair play for increasing awareness and driving all this support behind Mulhall. Even though its the opposite to what you intended you should be thanked.

Advertisement