Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To good to be true... what am I missing

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

DuffleBag wrote: »
    That's a JCB not a car. Video going around a few weeks ago of the area
    There's a JCB in front of it in the satellite pic alright. I went in for a closer look with streetview though, and there is silver estate car to the right of the fenced off area and a skip where the JCB was.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

PCros wrote: »
    Just looked it up on Google maps and the house is a totally different style to the rest of the estate - it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I also wonder what the mapping descrepancies are?

Did you ever look at a place for sale and think, “I bet the neighbours are glad to see the back of them!”

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrenMar

The responses on this thread are so impressive, there's some very thorough research being done on here for the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Even the front of the house sticks out so much, looks completely different to every other house around it. How can they get away with just building on clearly council owned land though, strange

This is a very strange one and it didn't just pop up overnight.
    Do the council have any power to remove the offending structures?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

coming a bit late to this thread, but this is the property in 1995; long before it was rebuilt but back then it was extended out past the back gardens of the surrounding houses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement