Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭trellheim

Hello

I am fully vaccinated and have DCC. I want to go to London and back from Dublin - looks like the trip to London is OK - do I still need to do 14 days home quarantine on return ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭josip

Used them on the 2nd of July for family PCRs. Results emailed in 4 hours. They're no-frills in the very back of Rosemount Industrial estate.

Their PCR was way less invasive than the HSE and French PCR tests we've had done. A few laps of the nostril and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LeCelso

Hi;

Travelling to Mallorca at the end of the week, fully vaccinated but not DCC.

From reading the thread it appears the HSE vax card is accepted at both end but what checks are done on the Spanish side when you arrive or when you are departing spain?

Worried that the HSE card wont be accepted etc.

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

Anyone know if USA will be moved to the same warning status as the UK by the department of foreign affairs?

At the moment it is still down as 'avoid non-essential travel' which means that I can't get travel insurance for the essential trip I need to make. They have a much lower covid rate than most of the countrys that you can get insurance for so it's very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Flew to Lanzarote yesterday. Had our PLF QR codes scanned and waved straight through. Never asked to see the kids antigen test we'd done that morning in Randoc Dublin Airport. Was all a breeze.

Watched the Lions match in a pub yesterday indoors with no masks required. Things normal over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Does anybody know if you can go for a day trip to the Uk ? Might need to pop over and back this week and will be ther less than 24 hrs but I’m not sure how it works with pcr tests to get back into Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Why did the kids have antigen tests? Thought Spain has no test requirement for kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Over 12s need them but they never asked for them. Many people were held up at the PLC desk as they thought DCC was enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Flew into Corfu last night. Was incredibly straightforward. Expected a test even though double vaxxed, but there didn't seem to be any testing facility set up. 5 mins, PLF viewed and my own DCC. Don't think they even looked at my daughters antigen tests although they were checked in Dublin.

Here, just like last year, when I was Crete twice, things are normal. Bit of maskwearing, but nothing like the insanity that's going on ireland forever. Just makes me thinking what are we playing at? How are our figure still so high with such a high level of restrictions? There's something really not right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Reading these positive travel experiences within the EU is giving me a glimmer of hope that the US may lift their travel ban soon, and I still might get to go on my trip to NYC at the start of September..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Apologies, assumed they were primary school age.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

No, Ireland is treating travel from the UK to Ireland the same as from Europe at the moment so if you're vaccinated, no quarantine or tests.

Yep, do your PCR before you leave Ireland. My dad did it back in June, had to go over for 36 hours so did his PCR in the airport before going over

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Card accepted in Dublin - no issues on Ryanair - AL same.

not needed in Spain - only need the locator form that you get after completing the application on the Spanish site

Skipped through Dublin outbound and Palma inbound. Arrived Tuesday PM. Weather is bulletproof here. Mid 30s every day.

don’t worry, you’ll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

I presume Ryanair accept antigen tests for flying to France since France accept them for entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Great Thanks for letting me know . Did your dad prebook the test or did he just walk in when he got to the airport ?

travelled UK to Dublin recently

PCR test, vaccine card, or digital cert (EU or NHS) required to board aircraft in UK

At immigration in Ireland, PCR test, vaccine card, or digital cert, was re-checked along with PLF...

Seems like a few immigration officers were checking the finer details, taking phones off people to scroll through presented docs etc...

Mine was just show the officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

Anyone travel to Serbia recently? Their tourist website says that visitors should have a PCR test dated within the last 48 hours on arrival in Serbia. Which makes it really tricky in my circumstances,,,flight is departing @ 11:30 on a wednesday, so means that I should travel to Dublin early on Tuesday, get the PCR test done as early as possible, and hope that the results arrive back Wednesday morning early enough to have them printed before leaving for the airport, and for an 11:30 flight, I should be in the airport at 09:00 at the latest. Tricky, to say the least.

A simpler plan would be to get the PCR test on monday, have the results on Tuesday, and then hope that they would be under the 48 hr limit. on arrival in Serbia on the Wednesday. Any suggestions anyone?

Pre-booked with Randox, said it was fairly busy but he was in and out quite quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

Try GoSafe48. They have a 4-8 hour turnaround for PCR tests. It's €69.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LeCelso

• Registered Users Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭josip

The Serbian 48 hours is a bit of an outlier, most countries allow 72.

We had to get a PCR in France on our way out in order to get in, our Irish PCR/transit got us through all the other countries.

If you use GoSafe48 in the Rosemount Industrial Estate, Blanch, they'll get the results back to you within 4 hours; their lab is colocated with their swabbing centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Got back from Italy yesterday. Flight was pretty busy (I’d say 80% full).

In Italy I was checked the location form and the PCR result (I didn’t have a DCC, just a regular test) by Ryanair while boarding. Checks seems to be somewhat strict as I saw another person refused boarding due to having a rapid/antigen test instead of PCR (easy mistake to make I guess - In Italy you can get a antigen test almost everywhere and since there they’re considered about the same as PCRs they’re just called a generic “Covid test”). Also I had to redo the plf as I put the wrong date of arrival by mistake (late flight, would have arrived on the 26th by Italian time)

In Dublin I used the e-gates and didn’t need to speak with anyone to leave the airport, so nobody checked the PCR or the plf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Arrived in Paris this morning good god the queues were unreal 2 hours to get through.

Check-in for Air France in Dublin checked my vaccine cert completely

Customs only looked at my passport and glanced at my vaccine cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I was away in Germany at the weekend and returned last night from there.

Quick scan of my passport card, I volunteered my PLF and he didn't even seem interested in that. Just the usual, where have you flown in from, no request for my DCC. There were no queues, seemed like most of the desks open (including some of the e-gates). I was on the bus home within 15 minutes of touch down. A near record from the 100 gates and this is in Covid times.

It was great to be away. Roll on this weekend for the next trip abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Immigration at Irish ports of entry is spot checks on PLF & digital cert, not everyone will be checked. Onus is on the Airlines to check the required documentation prior to boarding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Sorry if asked already but if you get the second dose on a Saturday, I’d your DCC valid from the Saturday 2 weeks later or the Sunday?

Advertisement