Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,201 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Scanning it like a normal QR code with your camera will just give a random string of characters, it's not made to be read like that.

Scanning it with an app that can read QR codes correctly will pull up the correct information, apps such as Green pass on android for example or just store it in the covid tracker which was updated last week to store QR code.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Chatting to my neighbour this morning just back from 2 weeks in Portugal 56yo, wife similar age both arrived back last night with just vaccination cards only and absolutely no issues with entering through Dublin airport. Said it was fairly quiet in the Algarve first week but huge noticeable increase in tourists last week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Its been answered multiple times already in this thread; your HSE vaccine card is proof of vaccine therefore accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

2.5 hours on hold to the dcc helpline...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I posted a few threads back about being optimistic about Crete; well the whole plan has U turned.

We started to think that if the numbers keep going up there, which they will; there's likely to be a lockdown of sorts. We're not due to go until Mid August, and that'll probably be right in the middle of 'everything closed'. I'm not spending a couple of grand to go somewhere when there's nothing to do, or nowhere to eat. Add onto that, if it locks down maybe the airlines will start pulling back on flights. More stress.

At the same time, we think the in-laws are getting a bit old, we haven't seen them in 1+ years so we might just go there instead. It's abroad; and if it gets locked down it wont matter much. Only thing is that it'll be cold :)

Crete will still be there next year! (Hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The new update is listed under "Returning from Travel & New Entry Healthcare Worker Information leaflet "

Vaccinated/recovered staff are no longer required to isolate when returning from a non designated/non emergency brake state. The second link from the bottom in that leaflet download actually gives a more clear chart explaining requirements.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/workplace-health-and-wellbeing-unit/covid-19-guidance/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Another update: I got through after a 3hr 15 minute wait on the phone. Just to set some expectations for those who need to urgently contact them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Were they able to issue you your cert or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Great, thanks. Funny how all of the previous updates about "no travel" went out to staff and the "you may travel" did not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

What are they using at the airport to scan the QR code? Do they see all your details or just that you're vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

They did the same last year with the green list so I have been keeping a close eye. Even the update in early May saying quarantine could be exited after a 5 day pcr wasn't sent on to our line manger until mid June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

Stage 1: Dublin airport T1 - arrived at 1.20 for a 4.40 flight. Ryanair. Note: for bag drop, you can’t print tags outside of 3hrs.

The place is as quiet as I’ve ever seen it. Everything open, handy as hell to get anything. Through security in seconds. Coors light now. Fly at 4:40. Only doc produced so far was boarding pass at security gate. Update later!

stage 2: gate. Accept HSE card as you all know by now. Several staff checking vax and cross ref with name on boarding pass. Nothing else. Seamless so far!

stage 3: Palma airport, historically they have it sussed here taking in bucketloads from every corner particularly at this time of year. It’s dead. Off plane. Zip on down to passport control. Cursory glance. Through. Brief trot to next stop. The dreaded QR code!!!!! Lol. 6 lanes. All manned(or womaned) and scanners everywhere. Show your Spanish form either paper or phone and through. Painless. So far, so good. I’ll be there snorkeling by them boats in about 7hrs👍😊

Post edited by dodzy on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Crete may have peaked. Today's figures will be telling.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just filled in our forms for Spain (locator ones). Interesting to note MrPc7 had his cert emailed and it validated and accepted it, mine was a postal, I've scanned it in, zoomed in on QR code etc and couldnt get it to validate it which was interesting so just did it manually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

A heads up for anyone travelling to Spain via Alicante on 2nd or 3rd August, airport staff union have called a strike...

Grim? I’ve loved it! Empty airports, no queues, loads of space, duty free (especially the perfume section) closed, waltz straight through everything and on to the plane.

glad things are getting back to normal in terms of availability of routes etc, but I will miss the lockdown airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 colemcgrath55

If you have a DCC (two vaccine doses), do you need a PCR / Antigen to return from a non EU country?

Officials have access to the database that shows your travel status. When they scan the code, or shows them vaccine record or test, etc. Only enough to satisfy the requirements is shown

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

I'm flying the 4th into Alicante...just in case the strike rolls over for another day or 2. What's the situation then do you know, sweet jesus please don't say flights are cancelled!!

BTW, do you know why they are striking?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jmcgold

Due to travel to Spain (Malaga) in the morning. I have two negative antigen test reports from Gosafe48. When I print them out the QR code seems very large on the page; about 25-30% of an A4 sheet. Does anyone know how the Spanish authorities process these? Are they OK to scan the QR code off the sheet or do I need to scan the QR code into an app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Don’t have time to read all the comments since I was last here. Current update.

as I said before one vaccinated one not. In Spain travelling home no DCC. Currently waiting to board. At the check in desks they asked for tests, I showed my HSE card he showed his PCR that he got done over there. Job done gave us a token so we don’t have to show all paper work again. No mention here of DCC.

Side note as I said previous got an email over the weekend from Ryanair stating ALL passengers entering Ireland must have a PCR. Slightly panicked then thought about it and decided I wasn’t getting one I was vaccinated and had proof was taking the chance to fight my case.

Today got an email from Ryanair with the proper rules, DCC, pcr or local vaccination proof. Grand.

Also got an email from them today arrive to airport minimum 2.5 hours early. Did that. Free for all at airport no bag drop in a que and got to the top it’s too early. Not today love I’ve had enough of Ryanair. Had purchased fast track in error for here and it was a waste. Airport not majorly busy and normal w went in to fast track anyway.

leaving Dublin we had fast track and glad we did, normal q was over an hour long (and that’s before travel opened)

I don’t expect any issues in Dublin. Anyone going on hols enjoy it was great for some normality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Same that’s what other half had going out the other day. They just held the scanner up and it scanned it no issue. Dublin didn’t even look at it just asked if we had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Nope. Just seen the figures. 334 in Crete. Still rising. Heraklion must be red by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 supersaiyan

Got a notification that I was quoted but there's no text! Could you try again? Cheers!

Advertisement