Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Tech_Head

Works out at €382 delivered so a little higher but not much

If anyone in Cork area is stuck / worried and want one, let me know. Have an unopened white one. Is no longer needed so will be going back to Smyths if nobody wants it first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I’m not in any rush to get one are there any decent trade in options to upgrade the orginal switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 smaxx

Well. Tried Gamestop, Argos and Smyths.

GS said they had 40 preorders and only managed to get 4 of them in.

Argos haven't gotten any at all yet.

Smyths says they'll be back sometime this month but no official date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Managed to get one from Littlewoods but only had the white one with Metroid. Was planning on getting that anyway so wasn’t a deal breaker. Shipped two days ago so hopefully be here mid next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

GameStop had one on their site but didn’t seem great as they wanted two popular games with it too

• Registered Users Posts: 41 WindWarrior

Ordered one on Amazon.uk and paid with revolut. Worked out at €374. Delivery by 16th October. I see that they are available for €350 on Amazon.it

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mmrs

I picked mine up in Smyths yesterday. The screen in lovely and I'd say a perfect size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Almost glad they're out of stock. Have been seriously wavering over getting one in the last few days and was almost ready to see if I could work out a trade with the GameStop deal but it looks like my decision is made for me already. Have a Steam Deck on it's me in December so I really don't need another new handheld console, but damn it's pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'd really like white, but everything in my media center is black so it would just look weird :)

The white dock looks quite nice but the white joycons would need to be kept quite clean. Would still pick it as a colour though

I’ll wait for a restock, prob grab one from smyths next time they go up

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Amazon France have red and blue ones for 320 euros plus delivery 1 to 4 weeks delivery time

ended up buying one for myself no idea why but why not ? Ha my 3rd switch

Just a reminder that Amazon ES, FR and IT are will have European 2 pin plugs, not the 3 pin so make sure you have an adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Got mine delivered today in white. It's really nice. It's great opening up games your used to playing and seeing them all colourful and shiny.

Best was to explain it for it's like having a 200 quid phone that's grand then getting a Samsung s21 or something and it's all glass and shiney and a lovely screen.

Enjoying metroid and Tetris effect!

I didn't realise people here were chasing the console I literally cancelled my click and collect preorder on Thursday morning in Smyth's because the missus ordered one for delivery for me for Christmas without me knowing. I would of passed it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Tempted to get one as I only have the Switch Lite...which is great...but would be nice to play BotW on a larger screen.

I might actually go for White and use it with the bedroom TV rather than in the media center which is all black.

2022 probably. See if they come out with some bundles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

1st switch day one switch from 2017 traded in for V2 switch in 2019 when GameStop after me 300 euros towards a new one,

2nd will be sold once I get my 3rd,

hopefully get 200 euros as it looks new and fully boxed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Amazon shipped mine this morning.

Anyone know what the story on the import tax deposit they take is?

Any time I've paid anything I pay to the courier and then Amazon refund me months later.

The Amazon blurb days that the deposit is to pay these fees.

You’ve answered your own question there. Yes, that deposit is to cover those fee. You will get a refund if the import tax is lower but it’s usually just a few cent.

Price you pay at checkout once it mentions that deposit is the price you pay.

Wonder stock levels will be like for this next few weeks

Two on adverts for €500 each. I thought they used to ban ads for profiteering?

Either way hope the scalpers get stuck with them like they did the New Horizons special editions.

No, profiteering seems to be fine. They banned putting them up ahead of time so you shouldn’t be able to buy a “pre-order” but it still happens.

Passed on my one at the retail price.

Up on Smyths again for preorder - click and collect or delivery. Finally snagged mine, hopefully wont be waiting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mine arrived from Littlewoods today. Really quick, wasn’t expecting it until mid week at earliest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Same, very surprised it arrived earlier than the 16th stated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm in Germany so I ordered one from Smyths Germany. It arrived yesterday.

However i was out on Saturday and saw them in every electronics store and even in supermarkets. there's no shortage here.

So if anyone is missing out in Ireland, don't worry, it's just Ireland. I'm sure they'll be back in stock soon.

Advertisement