Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nice comparison shot of the current Switch versus the upcoming OLED model in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Some good hardware designers and marketing in Nintendo. They have recovered incredibly since the WiiU.

How much would a little TV only, cute, home console version only of the switch cost to manufacture? 50 quid ? They could sell a ton more "Switches".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

We Unbox the Switch OLED! Breakdown and Comparison to Original Switch!

Full unboxing, comparisons between the original Switch and the OLED, and some brief game footage running.

Edit: Have to keep saying it, this new board's site is 💩.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 smaxx

Any chance I'll be able to get one of these on the 8th?

Will Argos, Smyths etc have them up for click and collect morning of? GS site says they wont ship their batch ti the 22nd, so I assume I cant go in and preorder for launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Just checking around there and Amazon UK have some up at the moment available for preorder. £310 and delivers to ireland so not bad value either.

• Advertisement

I've never preordered from Amazon - Would it actually arrive on the 8th? Also wary of customs....

Edit. With Priority delivery it says it'll arrive the 14th. Customs deposit is included and bring the price to €380.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Got mine pre-ordered with Littlewoods, says it will arrive on the 15th of this month......We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I remember Littlewoods giving me the run around for months and that was before Brexit. Smyths are the best for console hardware in Ireland. And I've no allegiances to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mmrs

Has anyone had an update from Smyths on a pre-ordered Switch OLED. Mine still says in progress. Pre-ordered on July 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Got an e-mail at 7:23 this morning saying ready for dispatch, hopefully you have by now aswell!

• Advertisement

Thanks Agent, nothing yet but I'm hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Smyths have them online for home delivery. Just ordered the white one and got the confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

collecting mine tomorrow from Gamestop I also booked the metroid limited edition so looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Mine was dispatched from Littlewoods too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Just got a call from my sis. She wanted one for my nephew but got up this morning and everywhere was sold out. (She didn't preorder).

Anyone got any suggestions on where might have them? Game stop is showing in stock but I'm wary of that. I've ordered from them before, got an order confirmation and had the order cancelled by them on the way to the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Tech_Head

Where is she based?

I’d imagine Smyths may have some stock in stores.

You should have an e-mail to pick it up as of this morning

Mayo. There weren't any on the website.

Weirdly though you're 100% right about smyths having it in stock in some areas. I started a job in Germany last month. And did you know smyths have stores in Dusseldorf and Cologne? I just ordered one from Smyths Germany. I'll have to ship it to her once I get it but at least shes certain to get one.

She ordered one from gamestop. I told her to keep that order just in case. Plus if she gets two she'll always be able to sell one on at cost price.

GameStop is showing stock online and in stores. Online for Neon has a shipping date at the end of the month.

There isn’t as much craziness on this launch and Switchs have been in stock near me for the last few months. Now closer to Christmas will be another story I’d say so I wouldn’t hang about either.

Got an email last night that it's available to pick up this morning! Day off work too :)

• Advertisement

My sis ordered one from Gamestop 3 hours ago. Got the confirmation email. And just got the mail from them telling her the order was cancelled.

I don't trust gamestop at all. I've known that to happen to loads of people.

Ordered from GameStop at 6.30 this morning, just got emailed to tell me they don’t have them ffs.

Anyone know anywhere I’d get one in south Dublin? Don’t particularly feel like going on a wild goose chase after work.

Looks like my switch isn’t out for delivery today even though I got the ready to dispatch e-mail yesterday morning. Usually Smyths and Dpd have pre-orders delivered on release day. I think they do Saturday deliveries so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

Ordered from Gamestop on Sep 9th. No notification of dispatch yet but they have taken the money from my card yesterday.

I am pretty confident it won't reach me until sometime next week which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Ordered mine from Smyths yesterday around 10 or so and it came this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I usually click and collect from Smyth's but the missus bought it for me and ordered for delivery but it hasn't shown up so far:-(

Amazon shows it coming into stock early next week if people are stuck

Dpd is showing as parcel delivery date booked with recipient but I didn’t book anything. They usually deliver here around 4pm so if it’s not here by 4:30 I’ll ring them in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 smegger

From Amazon uk? Any idea what kind of customs / additional costs importing into Ireland?

• Advertisement

I went ahead and rang Dpd, they only received the parcel in the Cork depot this afternoon and they don’t do Saturday deliveries so they scheduled the delivery for Monday. I always thought Smyths used to release pre-ordered parcels two days early to make sure they arrived for release day but this time it was only a day early.

Advertisement