Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gardaí swoop halting site in north Dublin READ NOTE IN OP

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Do you really expect me to believe people would dump other peoples rubbish, on their own property?
    Not buying it. Its settled people dumping their rubbish

Some travellers get some ‘settled people’ to pay them to take their rubbish away. The ‘Settled person’ knows its being dumped somewhere, traveller knows someone else will clean it up. They’re both as bad as each other

Also, some travellers like to recover valuable parts from waste, so they will strip parts from recyclable goods and leave the non recyclable parts ‘somewhere’ this is a way for them to make some income, again, knowing that they won’t have to pay to clean up the mess. It’s a scummy thing up do, but every company and household offloads their waste somewhere. Entire countries ship lots of their waste abroad knowing that it will just be burned or dumped somewhere

The core problem is the wasteful manufacturing processes. Tinkers’ used to be able to support themselves by recycling metals. That can’t be done anymore because goods are not made to be recycled, and few producers are properly accounting for end of life recycling, most are falsely claiming that their waste is certifiably recycled while in reality they’re just getting dumped somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 84,967 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    CAB seizures?

Criminal Assets Bureau

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    CAB seizures?

No, if you pass that site today you'll notice that all of the cars have been returned and the family are back in situ.

The site was cleared to allow for some derelict buildings on the site to be demolished. Allegedly the family would not agree to let the council in to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I think the OP has gotten a bit confused. There was a separate raid on a site very nearby yesterday evening, however the story linked above isn't related to that whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Do you really expect me to believe people would dump other peoples rubbish, on their own property?
    Not buying it. Its settled people dumping their rubbish

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Purple is a Fruit

I don't buy that people outside of the halting site would dump their rubbish there. I think folk would keep away and not bother those living in the halting site.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    That bit, and this bit....
    Doesnotcompute.
    Think he's comparing the two scenarios (asking if it would be the same in other situations) rather than contradicting himself.

Advertisement