Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Granny jailed for refusing to wear a face mask

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,076 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

poisonated wrote: »
    That’s not going to happen. From my understanding, she disobeyed a direct order from the judge. She was being disrespectful to the court of law.

He can't order to cover her face, this isn't Iran.

Your showing that you don't know what you're talking about again

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Your showing that you don't know what you're talking about again

Showed himself to be a complete fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Big Gerry wrote: »
    It sounds like the Judge was trying to make a name for himself for locking up a Granny.

You a granny yourswlf there, Gerry? Solidarity and all that?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

I just noticed in the article that they printed that Grannies address that's something they don't even do for convicted peadophiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I just noticed in the article that they printed that Grannies address that's something they don't even do for convicted peadophiles.

Yes they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

She's worse than the black and tans, disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

The times we are living in - Granny Jailed for refusing too wear a Mask....people jeering that she gets what she deserves - how could she be so irresponsible.

Wow - people just love using fear to indimidate others and to force them to comply with pure evil tryanny.

I pray for God to give this women strenght and courage and help through any mental health issues that she may have.

NaFirinne wrote: »
    The times we are living in - Granny Jailed for refusing too wear a Mask....people jeering that she gets what she deserves - how could she be so irresponsible.

Wow - people just love using fear to indimidate others and to force them to comply with pure evil tryanny.

I pray for God to give this women strenght and courage and help through any mental health issues that she may have.

You mean any issues she has as a result of her own refusal to follow a very simple legal requirement for the safety of the staff?

Her age and having grandkids is completely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oh, she's a granny? You never mentioned that before...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Have you considered that other people might also have search engines and access to the internet before posting absolutely 100% ****e?

The jail cell disagrees

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Asking her to wear a mask in court is not tyranny.

And , if god existed, why the **** is he sitting up there giving or letting the woman (or anyone else) suffer mental health issues and refusing to do anything until NaFirinne begs him too? Seems like a psychotic way to use your omnipotence.

If god could cure her like that why does he wait til hes asked nicely?

Aside from the rest of your post, like

By the way, there was a pandemic. Id look it up if i were you.

You mean any issues she has as a result of her own refusal to follow a very simple legal requirement for the safety of the staff?

Her age and having grandkids is completely irrelevant.

And many people disagree with being legally forced into wearing a Mask and as such will use civil disobiedience as a protest.

However we don't know this womens personal life, we don't know if she has some sort of medical condition such as being bi-polar which may prevent her having rational decisions at times.

Lockdowns can have detrimental effects on a lot of peoples mental health at any age.

People are so quick to judge others, like a mob with pitchforks.

Oh look someone isn't following the new facist laws - quickly burn them at the stake.

Listen to yourselves, what kind of people are you becoming, cold hearted, incompassionate zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The jail cell disagrees

I don't think a judge can just make up a law and jail you on the back of it for not complying. He could have jailed her for the dunnes incident but he didn't. Also starting she has to stay in jail until she puts on a mask is redicilolous.

I don't think a judge can just make up a law and jail you on the back of it for not complying. He could have jailed her for the dunnes incident but he didn't. Also starting she has to stay in jail until she puts on a mask is redicilolous.

Fake

Asking her to wear a mask in court is not tyranny.

Demanding she does and sending her to jail indefinitely is.

Tyranny
    noun
    "cruel and oppressive government or rule"

dockysher wrote: »
    Fake

?

• Advertisement

?

Real

Tyranny
    noun

Of course it is - your preventing a person from getting a fair hearing or defending themselves, how can people not see this as tyranny?

Tyranny
    noun

So all laws are tyranny then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Has this old dear any previous convictions? Is she a danger to the public?

She deserved to get thrown out of Dunnes but I doubt shes too well and what does the nation gain from throwing her in the clink.

So all laws are tyranny then?

There is no law that's the point, he could have asked her for a foot massage and jailed her for not complying going by the same logic.

Of course it is - your preventing a person from getting a fair hearing or defending themselves, how can people not see this as tyranny?

If she also refused to wear clothes, is that more tyranny to make her?

She chose not 5o obey the court. The fair hearing is there for her when she wants to follow their rules. She doesn't get to pick the ones that apply.

Has this old dear any previous convictions? Is she a danger to the public?

She deserved to get thrown out of Dunnes but I doubt shes too well and what does the nation gain from throwing her in the clink.

What do they do with her when she continually refuses to follow the rules, just send her on her way and say they don't apply to her? Is there a separate set for people in their 20's and those in their 60's?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,783 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Do we have to add these terms like “grandmother” as if that somehow changes everything.

Grandmother who refused to stop at red lights...

Grandmother who refused to pay for groceries...

Grandmother who refused to provide a breath sample...

Grandmothers are not exempt from the law, every single expectation of a man / woman of 40 is expected of a grandmother of 80 plus...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Unsure if this a serious post or your on the windup but sure I'll humour you.

People don't have sympathy because she is a gowl looking to cause trouble for the sake of it. Wouldn't surprise me if she was drooling over Gemma and Dee and any other Karen on Facebook She looked for a fight, bit off more than she can chew and is now sleeping in a cell.

Also why say Granny. Age is irrelevant once an adult in eyes of the law and well common sense expectations in general.

P.s. wearing a mask isn't evil. Wearing a mask isn't tryanny. It's a short term minor inconvenience so get over it and stop moaning.

P.s.s. Stop comparing mental health issues with just been a Gowl!!

• Advertisement

She is in jail. The physical reality of the situation renders your opinion incorrect. Contempt of court is not new.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement