Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Staff - Removal from Civil Service

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Are the civilian staff represented by the Garda Unions?

If they are it would explain the lack of f*cks given. Similar situation in the prison service where the POA represents the admin staff and they effectively have no union.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No they're represented by Forsa.

Gardai and Defence Forces are not allowed to join unions, they have 'representative associations'.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 liverrule

Hi Guys , does this look like it's definitely going through? I have an interview for one of the professional finance grades coming up and considering not doing it as I wanted to stay in civil service (prospect of career breaks etc) seperately I've heard that Garda civilian staff aren't treated that well? Although I appreciate it's probably a large organisation so it depends where you fall. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can't say for 100% but it certainly looks like it is. There has been some Union meetings recently and the fact that civil servants are leaving the organisation and citing this as a reason doesn't seem to be making any impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

any word on has the mobility freeze being lifted in AGS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

theyve frozen the mobility so it stopped a bit of the departures for now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I believe the freeze on CO mobility will be lifted in July, so expect to see a lot of movement at that grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curiousity20

Decision on freeze next week wonder will it be lifted.

Post edited by Curiousity20 on

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Does anyone know what's happening with the Mobility freeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

Freeze was lifted today according to Navan

Colleagues had notification email from NSSO pre 3pm today but I'm yet to receive mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

I'm looking to get back into the Guards. I used to work there two years ago and loved it.

Does the lifting of the freeze effect people looking to get into the guards?

I have applied through Mobility and still have a few months until I am eligible.

The embargo on mobility only effected CO's looking to exit AGS

Due to the imminent passing of the Policing Bill (and the eventual loss of Civil Service status for civilians within the organisation) they're experiencing quite the exodus and finding those in the know on recruitment panels are turning down offers from AGS - For fear of losing family friendly policies / losing flexi and being subject to GSOC oversight / shift pattern working etc

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynnington3

I thought there was a deal that current staff members won’t have any changes to their contracts and the new bill only applies to new incoming staff ?

No, there's a qualification in from the Commissioner and Dept of Justice which says changes to existing terms and conditions of personnel in situ will only happen following meaningful engagement with staff unions.

That's far from a guarantee that only new recruits will not be employed as civil servants.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You are presumably aware of the dreadful effect this will have on your career prospects?

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement