Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees removed without my permission.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Have a gentle search for nests before you cut it back. I had to delay cutting overgrown lavender when I found a robin's nest in the centre almost at ground level.

Otherwise trim away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭biddyearley

If possible, hit them in the pocket.

If it's one thing I've learned go after them financially. It's the only thing people understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

If possible, hit them in the pocket.

If it's one thing I've learned go after them financially. It's the only thing people understand.

The birds nest?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The birds nest?

Only if they have a nest egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭standardg60

Silverfish wrote: »
    Only if they have a nest egg.

Or a vulture fund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

If the foundation has gone in in the correct position i would just let it go now OP.
    Looking at the pics again certainly one tree had to go anyway and the others would probably not have survived having their roots severed digging the foundation.
    Look on the bright side, once the wall goes up you won't have to deal with them again, and you can decide what you want to replant, maybe more manageable stuff like hawthorn, guelder rose, shrub rose etc.
    You don't know what may be planted if you get them to do it.

Plant some Japanese Knotweed next to his wall foundations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Plant some Japanese Knotweed next to his wall foundations

It will be under your own foundations in no time if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

wildwillow wrote: »
    It will be under your own foundations in no time if you do.

His first though

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Redchick

Think I'll skip that knotwood suggestion, be my luck it'd spread the wrong way!!

Advertisement