Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What spray is used to kill gorse (whins)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭DBK1

Really?
    Never heard it called anything other than furze...

And when burnt, as it was every year - the black sticks collected for the fire were called ‘spánach’ :)
    Only ever known as furze around here too. But then again there’s crazy people all over the country that call a fork a pike so I suppose anything’s possible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

DBK1 wrote: »
    Only ever known as furze around here too. But then again there’s crazy people all over the country that call a fork a pike so I suppose anything’s possible!!

That’s a funny name for a big fish or a big pointy weapon for killing us poor aul Wexford Protestants!

“Under gorse there’s gold”

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Used mulsher here,the one on Tractor machine.Following year spot spray with Roundup.If possible I'd put out perhaps 10,10,20.Shud get grass moving & keep furze down.Quick job is ripping them out ,but they grow back quickly.

Advertisement