Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Wedge in hand and makes bogey on 7...so poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

🙄 this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not sure he's hit a good shot all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Another poor bogey out of nowhere on 7. If he could have posted a 69 today he would be right in this. Now making a mess of another par 5. Not good enough, simple.

Par 5 no birdie again...if he can shoot 70 he's still well in it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Xander10

Good shot from Rory. Butch taking the credit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Xander10

Amateur effort with the putt. Unlike Tiger's finishing effort with sand blowing in his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Panrich

The Rory McIlroy of 2011 was a much better player than what we see now. His implosion on the back 9 in the final round that year has stayed with him around Augusta. I really want him to win a Masters but the evidence of 10 years without a major along with the ghosts of Augusta past will confound him. His chance is gone I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,070 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

This post isn’t aging well, to put it into perspective, if McIlroy doesn’t win another major this year, he will soon be approaching the record for gaps between major wins. Tik Tok.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bamayang

horrific putt

• Advertisement

I think that's it for another year unfortunately....Still hopeful he can win a major this year but really needs to do something to get his game back. One of the guys on NLU podcast was saying maybe getting bones on his bag would be a good idea...I think it's not a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its not mental today though, his game just isn't close to those at the top right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭rooney30

Your right , it isn’t , if you don’t understand sarcasm that is

Water on 10...what's he up to....he may end up missing the cut

• Registered Users Posts: 9 77iron

water on 11 good night see you next year

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

McIlroy really is too mentally weak for golf at this elite level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭AyeGer

if he can finish within 6 of of the lead going into the weekend maybe he has a chance, but it’s not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I've never really bought into Rory needing a new caddy. As in, he's his own man and wouldn't listen to anyone. Seeing some of his decisions, his putting lines, his general course management....he has zero chance of recovering to an elite level if he keeps going the way he is, with the level of talent he has, he's bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

As well as everything else, there is a huge gap in the game management of McIlroy and Scheffler. Rory is braindead with a lot of his decision making

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

game over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bamayang

to hit that shot after the other 2 guys played the clever shots first is the epitome of stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

he’s in a battle to make cut now. Still expect him to make it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9 77iron

still has a looks good on Wikipedia come from behind second place in him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

No. He needs someone telling him that he shouldn't be hitting the ball anywhere near the water on 11 and give him a kick in the backside if he does. Scheffler aimed for the other side of the green

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

He's a big an embarrassment as the Irish Rugby Team at this stage

When it comes down to it he just doesn't have it

Getting embarrassed by Scottie here, by Cam Smith in the Open etc..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah here, what the ****. Neither Rory nor the Irish rugby team have anything to be embarrassed about.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bobster453

I doubt Rory and the Irish rugby team dont sleep nights due to you being embarrassed...why i dont know😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Won't have Scottie beside him for round 3 and here comes a "pressure off free wheelin" T10.

I have too many grey hairs watching him, I doubt he'll ever get into that jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Maybe...but i feel his problems are across the board at present ..not an overnight quick fix...

Might shoot like a 70 ..but won't be lights out (imo)

Not Sure you can fix all aspects overnight and ..whatever you think of Augusta..it does find your weakness..there is no hiding..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Noticed, he's been playing a fade /push fade on a lot of tee shots with driver.

He playing away from his nature.

Advertisement