Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you sue ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Sparkey84

i suspect the vendor/solicitor might realise they have a case to answer, if he was willing to pay compensation it would probably be as a last resort. he wants to see if buyer cuts his losses and goes away or see if he going to be like a dog with a bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sparkey84 wrote: »
    i suspect the vendor/solicitor might realise they have a case to answer, if he was willing to pay compensation it would probably be as a last resort. he wants to see if buyer cuts his losses and goes away or see if he going to be like a dog with a bone.

my solicitor called me a little while ago , she was speaking to the vendors solicitor again a few days ago , despite my serving a completion notice , the other solicitor did not even inform the alleged unfit vendor about same , my solicitor said this was basic solicitor 101 stuff , you must inform your client of developments like this

vendors solicitor also said his client had no money when my solicitor said i am not willing to simply walk away , this guy is a complete chancer

we are issuing proceedings , my solicitor thinks it wont go to court and said if it was her firm that was caught out like this , they would throw money at it rather than risk reputational damage brought about by a court case

vendors solicitor would not even entertain the idea of my legal costs being covered were I to take the most benign approach possible , he just kept repeating that the vendor " could not grasp the situation " , if this is true its a damning indictment of the solicitors judgement and he will have questions to answered

what a turkey eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What you don't know is when the seller ran into mental difficulties, they could have been of sound mind at the beginning of the process.
    On that basis alone i'd move on if they don't buckle straight away and offer something time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    vendors solicitor would not even entertain the idea of my legal costs being covered were I to take the most benign approach possible , he just kept repeating that the vendor " could not grasp the situation " , if this is true its a damning indictment of the solicitors judgement and he will have questions to answered

what a turkey eh ?

The vendor's solicitor is spinning a line. Once proceedings have been issued he'll have to change that line pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Your issue here is with the vendor and his non performance. A decision to pursue him is one which would need to be informed by the full facts. It could potentially be both protracted and expensive.

Jumping to the conclusion that his solicitor is to blame and needs to cough up is quite a stretch. A possible outcome is that the vendor did not have capacity to contract, yet this only became apparent subsequently and no negligence be attributed to his solicitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Wouldn't trust the solr to flip burgers, let alone manage an obviously vulnerable client.

I hope you go to town on him, you're 100% correct not to tolerate this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    I'd be content with...

you should edit your post and ask a mod to delete the quoted reply - having details like this in the public realm is not in your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    Your issue here is with the vendor and his non performance. A decision to pursue him is one which would need to be informed by the full facts. It could potentially be both protracted and expensive.

Jumping to the conclusion that his solicitor is to blame and needs to cough up is quite a stretch. A possible outcome is that the vendor did not have capacity to contract, yet this only became apparent subsequently and no negligence be attributed to his solicitor.

the solicitor didnt even inform his own client than a completion notice had been served on him .

Advertisement