Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finding address for small claims case

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,144 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

They could help if you reported a crime, and they investigated it. But there's no crime here — shoddy workmanship is not a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Peregrinus wrote: »
    They could help if you reported a crime, and they investigated it. But there's no crime here — shoddy workmanship is not a crime.

If you paid him and he did a runner then it’s a crime. Try another garda - or do you know one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If you paid him and he did a runner then it’s a crime. Try another garda - or do you know one?

It's a civil matter. No Garda will get involved with someone who got some bloke off adverts and had an issue.

I suspect that the op pissed him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭beaufoy

Darc19 wrote: »
    It's a civil matter. No Garda will get involved with someone who got some bloke off adverts and had an issue.

I suspect that the op pissed him off.

It would not surprise me if the final e mail I sent before he quit was the cause of him quitting of course it was unreasonable of me to expect a working bathroom to verified as made good before I made final payment

Original message
    Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020, 19:53
    To: ‪‪william flan>
    Subject: Re: Details
    Hello Wil

The bathroom looks worse now than it did before

Tomorrow I will transfer 425 euro at 12 o'clock and the other 500 will be transferred when you finish the job, and supply good pictures of a reasonable looking completed bathroom including painting of mold. Also it will have to be tested by the tenants and they have to confirm that they are happy with the job

Please send a picture of all receipts for tax purposes

Please read question below, and answer them in order to receive payment

1) I need pictures of what was done and a guarantee it all works, and receipts
    2) I need pictures of all the apt with suggestions what can be done to improve the apt and estimates
    3) I need pictures of my tenant and his sub letter/boyfriend
    4) on the phone you say the sub letter said something nasty to you...what did he say

regards...john

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Ring him from a burner.
    Hi William. Acme and associates here. We are working for the estate of a recently deceased Felim McCarthy. It has come up in the unpaid bills that he owes you €350 for plumbing services rendered.
    We can only pay by cheque.
    where should we send the cheque to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

beaufoy wrote:
    Now you say court orders are expensive hence it would seem you know how to obtain one please inform me...after all i can add said cost to the claim

I hate to bring bad news but the reality is that almost all if not all on Donedeal /Adverts aren't real tradesmen. They most likely don't have insurance or pay tax. If he's advertising without a business name then you can be sure he's a cash cowboy. I suppose if he ran away then you already know he is a cowboy & has no insurance

Its very possible that after spending a small fortune getting his address & bring him to court that he has no money. If he's on the dole you'll have a moral victory but not a monitory one.

I'm in the plumbing trade myself. It might be cheaper to go through your own insurance and just take the hit. I do feel sorry for the mess he's left you in

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Ring him from a burner.
    Hi William. Acme and associates here. We are working for the estate of a recently deceased Felim McCarthy. It has come up in the unpaid bills that he owes you €350 for plumbing services rendered.
    We can only pay by cheque.
    where should we send the cheque to?

Not a bad idea I have done something like it before. My tenant against my direct orders sublet my apt and half of his bed to his boyfriend. I knew he was there but the tenant did reasonable cover up. I posted a recorded delivery letter to the boyfriend at my apt but a message came back not known here , so I did the same again 6 months later but wrote refund cheque on the envelope and he signed

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I hate to bring bad news but the reality is that almost all if not all on Donedeal /Adverts aren't real tradesmen. They most likely don't have insurance or pay tax. If he's advertising without a business name then you can be sure he's a cash cowboy. I suppose if he ran away then you already know he is a cowboy & has no insurance

Its very possible that after spending a small fortune getting his address & bring him to court that he has no money. If he's on the dole you'll have a moral victory but not a monitory one.

I'm in the plumbing trade myself. It might be cheaper to go through your own insurance and just take the hit. I do feel sorry for the mess he's left you in

30 years ago I sued someone for 10GBP it was the principle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

beaufoy wrote:
    30 years ago I sued someone for 10GBP it was the principle

I hear you loud and clear. I just wanted you to have all the information.

Advertisement