Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

On a side note have been hunting "easy to understand what it is" low cap alts available for cash buys on Coinbase (or Revolut) to second-guess the herd IF there's a frenzy, e.g. NCT Polyswarm up 110% since yesterday, HOPR had a similar jump a few days ago. Super highly risky, but some of the gains are sticking, likely to plummet in the medium term, but always fun if one goes parabolic.

Usual disclaimer: low cap alts are a rabbit hole of insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

All time high means all the holders are in profit as everyone bought at a lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

How much have you put into it yourself? (Not how much is your stake worth)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It was an amount I could affford to lose. I'm currently up about 4,600%.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Well if it wasn’t he is now a gazzillionaire

Well not really. Would have a bit less than 3m. Not small money but not unheard of.

Regardless, I never asked what they had now, just what they put in

It was, but I have made more conventional investments that exceed that figure. Right when Buffet was warning of a recession at the start of the Covid pandemic and against the stock market as it was falling, I piled in.

Ye need to be getting to the point much quicker than that Donald, we are now at a point where it’s almost impossible not to make money on any random coin, terribly busy folks so we are.

• Advertisement

His point is he didn't think I would have the where with all to make an investment on that scale.

Well I was wondering because they felt the need to sneer at an anonymous poster that they were "not surprised you don't know anyone who holds bitcoin and don't have $62K to invest.". So I thought it was a fair question to ask them whether they had had that amount to invest themselves.

Nobody knows anyone else's circumstance. They could be a teenager or a pensioner. People can do what they want, but I wouldn't see it as the mark of a decent person to be sneering and gloating (especially if the bulk of their own position is due to a one-off concentrated "win") at someone else for not having some arbitrary fixed sum of money

"Considerably richer than you" vibes

Cmon, you are well aware that beeker came on here to throw a few digs and just got a few back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

You did nothing but sneer at people who were positive about Crypto when it was at a low point in the bear market a few years back

You either have a great imagination or some kind of victim mentality. Some people on here are extremely sensitive and delicate. It's very very strange.

If you want to sneer at the anonymous poster that said they didn't have 62k to invest, go ahead if it makes you feel better about yourself. Maybe you have it yourself. Maybe you don't. Who cares. You can make up whatever you want.

Is this what you were referring to? Seems to be a previous exchange I had with you.

Have you really been carrying around some kind of offence for the past 20 months or whatever? There isn't much point interacting with the likes of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

I always take profits where they exist and never listen to the diamond hands shite. Waste of time. The last big rush was a massive selling opportunity. If the candles are green and everything is parabolic and someone apes in, then they're already too late. I wait for the inevitable crash and DCA into things that I think might run in a year or two.

As for BTC, I'm lucky to be holding some from mining it way back at the start. I was even luckier to not have lost that original wallet as it was just a nerd project to see what it done, once I seen people were buying pizza with it I let it run for a while. Just before the 2013 run my mining rig kicked the bucket and I just so happened to hold onto the remaining working components, wallet intact.

I don't really know what the point of this post is. I feel like there's often people who just despise the Crypto market for a range of reasons, and in fairness, there are valid reasons. Then there are people who trade in the Crypto market and seem to view any kind of negative sentiment as an attack on their person. I would suspect this is due to the sheer volatility of the market. There are people who don't have a whole lot in life, who have (rightly or wrongly) put everything they've got into crypto in an attempt to improve their lot and this adds a massive amount of stress and anxiety in discussions. When you have posters coming in here and clearly stirring then there's going to be a response.

Don't listen to the influencers. Have a plan. Take profits. Don't get greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Holding on from the early days is some serious diamond hands, I remember reading about it back in the day thinking it would never take of (full disclosure, I never thought internet banking would take of). Personally, if I bought in the early days for a single digits I think I would have cashed out before it hit triple digits let alone the groin wrecking later amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Kind of diamond hands? I dunno, I remember trying to recover the wallet during the first 4 digit boom and missing out on most of it (partly because online exchanges were non-existant then). Good luck I guess. I remember my dad making the point that I should just hold it as in the grand scheme of things I put very little in and markets tend to go up. So that's what I've done, I largely ignore BTC beyond how it affects the market and hopefully I'll end up with something to retire on before hitting 50. I did sell quite a lot in 2017 when it hit $2000 because I needed the cash and had no idea if that was the ceiling or not (turns out not).

There's so many stories of people throwing out old hard drives and stuff from early days of mining and they'd be sitting on tens of millions. I feel for them, they were the true early adopters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭endainoz

Eth continues to look strong, recovering well from each pull back. Next one to go surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I have a cousin who years ago, did a lot of work with a charity that helped those with physical handicaps. He was particularly close to one guy , getting to know him well over the years. He sadly passed away a few years back. My cousin is convinced that he had a lot of Bitcoin as he constantly talked about it. He has tried in vain to access it, going through all his old computers etc. His guy works for a large multinational and has plenty of contacts in the IT programming side of things. No joy.

He is still very friendly with his family and he wants to get it for them. Sad really.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭endainoz

Really it's the modern version of an old farmer dying having loads of cash stashed somewhere and never telling anyone about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

God bless Render.

Got in at around 25cent. Took a punt at with 1K.

BTC ATH incoming

70K BTC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

And rejected again. Back to $67k. 😀

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Each rebound will get smaller and smaller then there'll be a big FOMO pile-in when pushing for 80k+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Sold another 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭byrne249

I recall reading some of your posts when it was sitting around 16k calling for another crash to 12k or lower and how you were waiting to buy, oddly perma bearish for anyone actively buying this stuff. With all that waiting around I'm surprised you have anything to sell. I'm guessing you have your buys ready to execute at 71k because you must know as well as anyone that in the next few weeks if the break out does occur you could be left a long way behind very quickly. Do you genuinely believe this is going to collapse 40% to make it worth your while paying CGT on it now?

EDIT: And just to clarify, 40% is the minimum decline I would consider remotely acceptable for realising the 33% tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I genuinely did believe it would hit a lower low than we get. Sure look we didn't.i was buying, not enough, but I was buying.

I think we're near the top for this year. We'll dump 50%, and then smash ATH again. I'm bullish on BTC, just not coming into the summer.

Advertisement