Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 35 Match Day thread - triple threat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kane (Ali) - flagged for offside

Goal rulled out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sold Son for Bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Absolute nonsense that var decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭JPup

siblers wrote: »
    Sold Son for Bruno

Me too. I’d say there are quite a few of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Kane (Ali) - flagged for offside

Goal rulled out

Looked onside to me. Really need to come up with better graphics to show these decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sold Son for Bruno

Sold him for Salah. I can take one goal...

Sold Son for Bruno
    Sold him for Salah. I can take one goal...

Having all 3 i hope he goes on and gets a hattrick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bamford (Alloski)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Whoop Dallas got a goal, nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bamford sold for DCL...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Oh FML, I benched Dallas in favour of a 3-4-3 with Cavani. With my luck Cavani's probably just going to have a trio of 10-minute cameos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lmao all the most sold players getting on the scoresheet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭893bet

Dallas and Bamford punishing everyone. Sitting on a lot of benches with no hope of subbing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I know its a joke haha.

I'm seeing loads of people with Bamford and Dallas on bench some Son as well.

Is that what the lads in VAR see, or is that the graphic the television companies use to show us? The lines are too thick for starters, but as i said earlier in the season, they don't spend any sort of time trying to determine when Ali touches the ball, they just take one frame and stick with it, whereas for the player "offside" they draw lines galore.

Bamfords effective ownership down to 6%. That’s grand. Little damage done.. Thought it would be a lot higher. Everyone’s ditched him for double gw players it seems.

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1391004987464036354?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That VAR decision is terrible.

Is that what the lads in VAR see, or is that the graphic the television companies use to show us? The lines are too thick for starters, but as i said earlier in the season, they don't spend any sort of time trying to determine when Ali touches the ball, they just take one frame and stick with it, whereas for the player "offside" they draw lines galore.

Correct. The system as it is cannot determine to this level of precision the exact nanosecond it leaves the passers foot or where the lines should be drawn to on the two players’ bodies. This decision should be considered within the margin of error and considered level.

That goal would have stood in the champions league and virtually all other major leagues as far as I can see. It seems to be only the premier league referees that are interpreting offside in this way. Effectively eliminating the concept of the defender and attacker being level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Xander10

I thought in real time he looked offside. What that clip doesn't show, is the exact moment the pass was made.

Bale is so bad defensively. Bit apprehensive about buying him now next week in case he gets benched for Lucas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Xander10 wrote: »
    I thought in real time he looked offside. What that clip doesn't show, is the exact moment the pass was made.

I’ve Kane, no Son, Dallas on bench.

I’m here to vent tbh :pac:

JPup wrote: »
    Correct. The system as it is cannot determine to this level of precision the exact nanosecond it leaves the passers foot or where the lines should be drawn to on the two players’ bodies. This decision should be considered within the margin of error and considered level.

That goal would have stood in the champions league and virtually all other major leagues as far as I can see. It seems to be only the premier league referees that are interpreting offside in this way. Effectively eliminating the concept of the defender and attacker being level.

Well i don't know if it would as the on field ref blew for offside - so that's the in play decision.

Kane goal - offside again - this one was obvious

Kane goal - offside again

A good foot rather than a toenail this time though.

Kane drags shot wide - that wouldn't have counted if he scored :P

Son shot side netting.... should be doing better in that spot

Raphinha on, Roberts off pre 60

• Advertisement

Spurs are so bad defensively

Advertisement