Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenway in Rochestown.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭PreCocious

The Council loves launching glitzy buildings and such like. They even tweeted about how welcome the Penrose Dock development was before planning had been applied for and they are the planning authority (I do like that development).

They ignore the countless cases of dereliction in the city - how many buildings have been braced at the council's expense whilst the owners just laugh ? North Main St, Marlboro St, Liberty St ...

They won't enforce anything if it upsets the Fish and Nash cliques. They ignore many of the other small businesses that don't play the game.

They'll fight with their shadow about things and then end up doing them - they swore blind on Twitter that wands in bike lanes could only be installed in a particular fashion and then proceeded to do it a different way in a different lane. They pick strange hills to die on and they, along with some councillors, hate any form of criticism no matter how constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Words cannot describe how much I loathe the council and their decisions. Can we not do anything about getting them out?!

Well you could vote them out or even run yourself. That is pretty much how it works.

I reckon it was them thinking it was an official Garda submission that buggered it

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

PreCocious wrote: »
    The Council loves launching glitzy buildings and such like. They even tweeted about how welcome the Penrose Dock development was before planning had been applied for and they are the planning authority (I do like that development).

They ignore the countless cases of dereliction in the city - how many buildings have been braced at the council's expense whilst the owners just laugh ? North Main St, Marlboro St, Liberty St ...

They won't enforce anything if it upsets the Fish and Nash cliques. They ignore many of the other small businesses that don't play the game.

They'll fight with their shadow about things and then end up doing them - they swore blind on Twitter that wands in bike lanes could only be installed in a particular fashion and then proceeded to do it a different way in a different lane. They pick strange hills to die on and they, along with some councillors, hate any form of criticism no matter how constructive.

The Fish and Nash clique!! :)
    That sums up their level.
    Add in the bar owner that can turn any street he wants into a beer garden...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Ludo wrote: »
    Well you could vote them out or even run yourself. That is pretty much how it works.

I wouldn't have a hope, but I don't see why I'd need to run to want change though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a hope, but I don't see why I'd need to run to want change though!

Just giving you the options. Campaigning for who you think SHOULD run the city is another option of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Just giving you the options. Campaigning for who you think SHOULD run the city is another option of course.

Ah I get you now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

How do you vote out the executive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

TheChizler wrote: »
    How do you vote out the executive?

You can't.
    Sure she's just renewed her own contract!
    Bizarre setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conjalu

Was this decision made by the council or councilors? You can run to be a Councillor but the Council Executive and staff aren't voted in.

I would think, because the project is at the 'Emerging Preferred Route' stage that it hasnt been put forward to Councillors yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

A resident on the radio during the week maintained the path would be higher so people could see into the houses no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

I went for a run out that neck of the woods this afternoon, the normal 5/6 cars parked on the footpath. There is a sign say something about a shared greenway which I guess means shared with cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

ofcork wrote: »
    A resident on the radio during the week maintained the path would be higher so people could see into the houses no problem.

That doesn't make it true, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Unless they've seen plans that the rest of us and even the local councillors haven't seen, they're talking through their arse and just scaremongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

They are probably worried about anti social behaviour which is understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

They are probably worried about anti social behaviour which is understandable.

The parking on footpaths out the front is extremely anti social, but they've no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

What attracts more anti social behaviour? A) a lit boardwalk likely with CCTV and will be heavily be used by the public or B) a dark dumping ground anyone can go to without being able to be seen by anyone and do whatever they want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Looks like this greenway saga still has more to give - Councillors want explanation for controversial Cork greenway route

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

opus wrote: »
    Looks like this greenway saga still has more to give - Councillors want explanation for controversial Cork greenway route

Kieran McCarthy crying about people calling the council (and councillors) out on their bullshít on twitter as "bullying".

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

Looks like they've already made up their minds but theres no way they should get Greenway funding from central government if they just go with a roadside cycle track

• Advertisement
Advertisement