Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on this folks?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Del2005 wrote: »
    I've seen plenty of people using "e-scooters" that are more like a step through motorbike than a scooter. One I saw had square section tyres as wide as some cars and the rider was sitting on a seat leaving me for dead in a 60km/h zone, a neighbour has one with a seat that can do 45km/h.

Under EU legislation, vehicles like this aren't considered e-scooters and are instead considered "mopeds" and fall under Category L1e-B “moped” and as such need driving license, insurance, etc. like any other moped.

The EU considers EU e-scooters to have up to 250W power, 25km/h top speed and no seat.

Advertisement