Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Bergara HMR muzzle thread?

  • 01-05-2021 5:14pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ GolfVI


    Anyone know what the muzzle thread on an EU Bergara HMR in 6.5 creedmoor is?

    Looking to pick up a muzzle brake and searching online I’m getting conflicting answers. The Bergara international website says 5/8-24 while other sources quote M18 or M15.

    Even the Bergara online shop has all 3 sizes when selecting a muzzle brake to purchase in 6.5mm


Comments

  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cass


    The American site says 5/8x24. The international site doesn't list one only to say it comes with standard threaded tip. I assume that is also the 5/8x24.

    The M15 and M18 threads, where did you find that info? Wonder was it someone that rethreaded the muzzle to suit themselves.

    Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads


    If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.


    Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!



  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ GolfVI


    Cass wrote: »
    The American site says 5/8x24. The international site doesn't list one only to say it comes with standard threaded tip. I assume that is also the 5/8x24.

    The M15 and M18 threads, where did you find that info? Wonder was it someone that rethreaded the muzzle to suit themselves.

    Bergara themselves quote M18 or M15 in an online catalogue. Hence the confusion :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ shootemall


    GolfVI wrote: »
    Bergara themselves quote M18 or M15 in an online catalogue. Hence the confusion :D

    I have had a few b14 hmr’s
    The 22” 6.5 creedmoor is 15x1
    The 20” 308 is 15x1
    But only when in no 5 taper.

    The 24” 6.5 creedmoor is heavier and is 18x1
    There is also a heavy 20” 308 barrel that is 18x1
    I had to order the heavier barrel models in
    So most of the hmr’s for sale will be the no 5 taper

    Hope this helps


  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ GolfVI


    shootemall wrote: »
    I have had a few b14 hmr’s
    The 22” 6.5 creedmoor is 15x1
    The 20” 308 is 15x1
    But only when in no 5 taper.

    The 24” 6.5 creedmoor is heavier and is 18x1
    There is also a heavy 20” 308 barrel that is 18x1
    I had to order the heavier barrel models in
    So most of the hmr’s for sale will be the no 5 taper

    Hope this helps

    Wow thanks for the help! Mine is a 24” 6.5, having found my vernier and measured the thread diameter everything is pointing towards 18x1.

    Maybe they will stamp it on the barrel one day :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ shootemall


    GolfVI wrote: »
    Wow thanks for the help! Mine is a 24” 6.5, having found my vernier and measured the thread diameter everything is pointing towards 18x1.

    Maybe they will stamp it on the barrel one day :D

    ðŸ‘


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,370 ✭✭✭✭ Mellor


    GolfVI wrote: »
    Wow thanks for the help! Mine is a 24” 6.5, having found my vernier and measured the thread diameter everything is pointing towards 18x1.

    Maybe they will stamp it on the barrel one day :D

    That was going to be my suggestion.

    M15 will be about 13mm and M18 15.5mm. Should be able to proceed with confidence.
    Although the inch size is probably between the two.


  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ Ziggieire


    This is the measurements for a M18x1 thread
    A M14x1 is the same but the thread peek od is 14mm
    and a M18x1.5 is the same but the thread peek to peek is 1.5 mm not 1
    JEod0jJ.png

    If it was Imperial, 5/8-24
    The thread with is 5/8 if an inch.
    And over one inch there would be 24 thread peeks. or 12 for a half inch


  • Registered Users Posts: 37,370 ✭✭✭✭ Mellor


    Ziggieire wrote: »
    This is the measurements for a M18x1 thread
    A M14x1 is the same but the thread peek od is 14mm
    and a M18x1.5 is the same but the thread peek to peek is 1.5 mm not 1

    Yes. Good point. Standard M18 is 18mm outer, the inner is 15.5mm. But inner depends on how fine the pitch is. Rifles would be typically more fine that standard. So inner might be 17-17.5mm


Advertisement